Persepolis (1 Viewer)

Yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.|..|

Now they just have to make a movie form the Berlin series of comics and I'm sorted for life

oh oh, it's just right. very true to the comic and following the exact story, and an old-fashioned kind of funny and sentimental, and visually amaa-aaaaa-aaazing. the opening shot of orly airport was almost enough, and the opening credits are genius, and while the people are very like her comic drawings, the city backgrounds and the political events and the sea are a different kind of lovely, more realistic but also both kinda contemporary and very 1960s graphics and trashy comic booky in turn, if that makes any sense?

as a bonus, the french isn't too fast paced so you can look at the images instead of subtitles if you understand enough. à bas le shah, indeed.

and any scene with smoke is gorgeous:

persepolis_09.jpg

i can't wait to see this again, and will be busy until then training to be like her grandmother, who is a world of awesome throughout.

Love the comics, so I'm really looking forward to this as well.

And not like I give a toss about the Oscars, but some people do, so they might be interested to know that it's been submitted for consideration for Best Animated Feature. Here's the full list:

Alvin and the Chipmunks
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theatres
Bee Movie
Beowulf
Meet the Robinsons
Persepolis
Ratatouille
Shrek the Third
The Simpsons Movie
Surf's up
Tekkonkinkreet
TMNT

Only three of these will actually be nominated, and I bet they'll be the most conservative choices possible: Shrek the Third, The Simpsons Movie and probably Ratatouille.

Only three of these will actually be nominated, and I bet they'll be the most conservative choices possible: Shrek the Third, The Simpsons Movie and probably Ratatouille.

i reckon one of those big three will be left out.

Love the comics, so I'm really looking forward to this as well.

And not like I give a toss about the Oscars, but some people do, so they might be interested to know that it's been submitted for consideration for Best Animated Feature. Here's the full list:

Alvin and the Chipmunks
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theatres
Bee Movie
Beowulf
Meet the Robinsons
Persepolis
Ratatouille
Shrek the Third
The Simpsons Movie
Surf's up
Tekkonkinkreet
TMNT

they mentioned before the persepolis screening at the french film festival that it was up for the french nomination for best foreign language, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back