period pains, whats the story... (1 Viewer)

La La said:
PM'd you there with a lengthy reply.

what i will say here is that i think most of the ladies on here will agree - we've all had insecurities at some point or the other about the enigma that is 'down there.'
it'll pass :heart: :p

the understanding of the whole process can be very helpful... the best book i have read on the subject is "the wise wound: menstruation and everywoman" by penelope shuttle and peter redgrove. it does approach the subject from a feminist perspective, and i highly recommend it. extremely illuminating.

trianglegrrrl said:
I was dead excited to put it in, but it wouldn't go in. I'm very tight and I tense up everytime I try. It's so frustrating. I had this problem with non applicator tampons too. I've spent hours trying to put it in. Everytime I come to my fucking labia it shuts like a clam. I thought "oh i'll just get my fella to put it in", he couldn't either.I'm worried there's something wrong with me now. My mammy refuses to let me see a doctor because there's nothing outwardly wrong with me and it costs 45 euro. But I think what I really need is a psychologist...

Look luvvie, you've probably hyped it too much in your head and you're all nervous about it. The key thing is too relax. I had trouble whacking it up there at first but you get used to it. I didn't get total box closure but I can assure you that is a common thing happen to ladies if they are nervous about tampons/shagging.

You are welcome to send me a message if you would prefer more confidential discussions on mooncup insertion.

trianglegrrrl said:
I'm completely fucking clueless about my cunt as i don't do biology

Google some biology sites then.

did you find it easier to be at one with your gee afterwards then?

Brian Conniffe said:
the understanding of the whole process can be very helpful... the best book i have read on the subject is "the wise wound: menstruation and everywoman" by penelope shuttle and peter redgrove. it does approach the subject from a feminist perspective, and i highly recommend it. extremely illuminating.

La La said:
we've all had insecurities at some point or the other about the enigma that is 'down there.'
it'll pass :heart: :p

really?! when does it pass? can i get a certificate? does it come with a map?
thanks

snakybus said:
Am I the only one who's wondering why Brian Coniffe knows all about women on the blob?

Yes, but I Dare Not Question His Forbidden Knowledge...

I imagine these things make you walk like John Wayne.

egg_ said:
Took me a while to figure out what a mooncup is ...
You can get re-usable whatchacallems (you know those kinda period nappies that you stick on the inside of your knickers) off the re-usable nappy people, if you're interested http://www.thebabyorchard.com

snakybus said:
Am I the only one who's wondering why Brian Coniffe knows all about women on the blob?

ha... well of course i am open to ridicule on here (as is, i believe, everything), but i have in intense interest in menstruation, which began with an interest and collection of folklore, cultural perceptions and religious notions (most of which are not connected with the "taboo" nature of it - as propigated by organised monotheistic religion - which i find to be a shameful phallocentric and misogynistic approach which is interesting to me only as far it raises questions about, and holds a mirror up to, the character of those disgusted by the subject / phenomenon) relating to it... but later led to my interest in and research of the biology of menstruation and from there to an interest in womens health issues in general.
as mentioned above, "the wise wound" is a fantastic starting point and my personal point of entry (ho ho)... after that, the collection "blood magic: the anthropology of menstruation" (edited by thomas buckley and alma gottlieb) is an excellent collection of ethnographic studies relating to it.
i was struck initially by the beauty of notions such as the shiva-ite hindu belief that during the menstrual period an opening is created between this world and the next... through biology, woman partakes of the infinite... connection with lunar worship, and the bloodshed of "christ", without which salvation is not possible... everywoman as christ, deified, feared by men, yet in which salvation lies. bleeding women used to run across the fields during pagan times in the belief that without them crops would never grow. it was essentially these things that i found fascinating, in light of the sadness of it being treated as a "taboo", labelled "dirty" by gynophobic male-supremist dogma and ideology.

Brian Conniffe said:
ha... well of course i am open to ridicule on here (as is, i believe, everything), but i have in intense interest in menstruation, which began with an interest and collection of folklore, cultural perceptions and religious notions (most of which are not connected with the "taboo" nature of it - as propigated by organised monotheistic religion - which i find to be a shameful phallocentric and misogynistic approach which is interesting to me only as far it raises questions about, and holds a mirror up to, the character of those disgusted by the subject / phenomenon) relating to it... but later led to my interest in and research of the biology of menstruation and from there to an interest in womens health issues in general.
as mentioned above, "the wise wound" is a fantastic starting point and my personal point of entry (ho ho)... after that, the collection "blood magic: the anthropology of menstruation" (edited by thomas buckley and alma gottlieb) is an excellent collection of ethnographic studies relating to it.
i was struck initially by the beauty of notions such as the shiva-ite hindu belief that during the menstrual period an opening is created between this world and the next... through biology, woman partakes of the infinite... connection with lunar worship, and the bloodshed of "christ", without which salvation is not possible... everywoman as christ, deified, feared by men, yet in which salvation lies. bleeding women used to run across the fields during pagan times in the belief that without them crops would never grow. it was essentially these things that i found fascinating, in light of the sadness of it being treated as a "taboo", labelled "dirty" by gynophobic male-supremist dogma and ideology.

I now have an image of you as a mix of marlyin manson, Mengelle and Richard Hillman.

pete said:

1190.jpg

Lefty Frizzell said:
demis roussos.

back in the 70s his silky pipes were second to none.

who was the other person you said i look like the other day?

over the years i have been told i resemble johnny rotton, har mar superstar, beetlejuice, ron jeremy, dylan thomas, van morrison, dylan moran, bill bailey, a rabbi, a bee gee and an amish person. what a horrendous mix.

Fuckin hell, that's my whole bloodline right there.

My full name is sean johnny keaton jeremy billy van dylan dylan jebediah liebowitz.
I grimace whenever a form says "fill out your full name"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back