People Who Died (15 Viewers)

Probably this

DamoA3.jpg
No, it was someone else. It might even have been E+S=B

Kelvin Kiptum (2 December 1999 - 11 February 2024)
Kenyan marathon runner who set the world record (2:00:35) in Chicago in October has died in a car crash along with his coach.
Kelvin is survived by a wife and two children.

Kelvin Kiptum (2 December 1999 - 11 February 2024)
Kenyan marathon runner who set the world record (2:00:35) in Chicago in October has died in a car crash along with his coach.
Kelvin is survived by a wife and two children.
Only 24

He was about to do things that were thought to be not humanly possible.
His splits in Chicago were mind-bending.

It's an incredible loss.

Another of Kenya's greatest runners has died aged 72.
Henry Rono (12 February 1952 - 15 February 2024)
Rono set multiple world records inc. at four different distances in 81 days in 1978.
Rono's 1978 3000m steeplechase world record stood for over a decade.
He never competed at an Olympics due boycotts.
Sadly Henry had a hard time after his career dealing with alcoholism and ended up broke, living in the USA for decades unable to afford a flight home (see link).

Note:
1976: nearly every country in Africa boycotted Montreal after New Zealand were not expelled for NZ rugby team breaking the apartheid boycott. Moscow 1980 boycott due to USSR invasion of Afghanistan both of which happened under the IOC presidency of Irishman Lord Killanin.

Another of Kenya's greatest runners has died aged 72.
Henry Rono (12 February 1952 - 15 February 2024)
Rono set multiple world records inc. at four different distances in 81 days in 1978.
Rono's 1978 3000m steeplechase world record stood for over a decade.
He never competed at an Olympics due boycotts.
Sadly Henry had a hard time after his career dealing with alcoholism and ended up broke, living in the USA for decades unable to afford a flight home (see link).

Note:
1976: nearly every country in Africa boycotted Montreal after New Zealand were not expelled for NZ rugby team breaking the apartheid boycott. Moscow 1980 boycott due to USSR invasion of Afghanistan both of which happened under the IOC presidency of Irishman Lord Killanin.

I think he ran a 13 minute 5k, boss level shit

Very sad that the liquor got him

Jesus, this reads like a joke.
Yeah
The video of him laughing and joking yesterday with the judge and guards is a little heartbreaking
Dude looked fine

Whatever punishment they threw at him, he could not just bear, but do it with a smile
So they killed him

was he 'actively' killed or passively killed, i wonder? i.e. was he just in such bad shape after years of mistreatment that it was inevitable?

I'd say if there's anything these guys can claim to do well, it's torturing people to death. They've been grinding his body down for years. Eventually they killed him.

It's hard not to just blame all Russian people for being complicit. Especially seeing as the west is complicit in giving Israel a free pass for genocide.

But still.

I'd say if there's anything these guys can claim to do well, it's torturing people to death. They've been grinding his body down for years. Eventually they killed him.

In real time we also have an example that putin will send thousands of people who do agree with him to die in Ukraine. I suppose you don't get that job by hosting support groups and hot pots.

avdiivka is falling, congress is refusing more money and weapons, putin is cruising to re-election, the middle east is on fire, biden is slowly becoming more senile. what a mess.

it would be great for the war-hawks if there was some kind of distraction, especially one that allows people to do some noble-heroic grandstanding.

allow yourselves a heretical thought: who benefits from navalny dying? particularly now? is it possible that this man was murdered, but not by russia? yes, yes, tin-foil-hat stuff. just think about it materially for a minute. it’s not like they’re above it.

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back