People Who Died (3 Viewers)

This is one of my favourite records ever. It was re-recorded for the qotsa record but this version is more Alain Johannes and Lanegan as far as i know, with the 'usual' desert sessions cast on backing. It's a little lighter and looser and spacier than the Dave Ghrol take. I'd a great time with Bubblegum too.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great version. Unfortunately it’s not on streaming (well clearly it’s on YouTube but can’t play that and do something else on the phone). I have the double 10” vinyl but record player is having a holiday.

Sad news. Great band.

NY based cinema of transgression film maker Nick Zedd (1958 - 27 February 2022)
They Eat Scum (1979)

the final mutant disco battle scene @1:01:53 soundtracked by the Village People and Teenage Jesus is one of my favourite scenes in any film.

awful couple of days for Aussie cricket with 70/80's great Rod Marsh also passing away.
Warne always had weight problems and was bannned for taking diet pills.
to be fair spin bowlers are the artists of cricket and it's a skill that is overwhelmingly about technique not physique.

the stunning 1993 Mike Gatting dismissal is last here. the first ball Ashes ball Warne bowled.
"AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE! OI! OI! OI!"

Frank O'Farrell (9 October 1927 - 6 February 2022)
An old school Cork gent by nature, Frank played for West Ham and Preston, winning 9 caps (2 goals).
Frank successfully managed Leicester leading them to the 1969 FA Cup Final and promotion.
In 1971 he landed the Man Utd managers job but the club was in decline and he was sacked in 1972.
Frank then managed Cardiff and Iran from 1974-76 who were emerging as the best side in Asia and led them to gold in the Asian games. He managed Torquay three times and lived there for the rest of his life.

Excellent very detailed tribute:

Gordon Lee (1934 - 8 March 2022)
Former Aston Villa player who managed Newcastle (1975-77) and Everton (77-81). After a strong start at Goodison, Lee's last two seasons there saw Everton fighting relegation and he was replaced by Howard Kendall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back