People Who Died (14 Viewers)

The last surviving member of the Andrews Sisters trio, Patty Andrews, passed away on Wednesday from natural causes, according to the Associated Press. She was 94 years old. The singer was a part of the trio of sisters that helped to raised the morale of U.S. troops during World War II by entertaining soldiers with songs like “Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B” and “I Can Dream, Can’t I?” Bette Midler’s accounted posted this message on Twitter “The last of the Sunbeams of WWII, the remarkable Andrews Sisters, Patty Andrews expired today.Rest in peace.Another joyous voice stilled.” En Vogue and Midler are just two of the artists that have put their spin on “Bugle Boy” over the years.

Former mayor of new york, Ed Koch

Koch was a lifelong bachelor, and his sexuality became an issue in the 1977 mayoral election with the appearance of placards and posters (disavowed by the Cuomo campaign) with the slogan "Vote for Cuomo, Not the Homo." Koch denounced the attack. During the campaign and after becoming mayor, Koch began attending public events with former Miss America, well-known television game show panelist and consumer advocate Bess Myerson.

Koch refused comment on his actual sexual experiences, writing:

What do I care? I'm 73 years old. I find it fascinating that people are interested in my sex life at age 73. It's rather complimentary! But as I say in my book, my answer to questions on this subject is simply "Fuck off." There have to be some private matters left.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Koch

Sad news alright. Just read on Twitter that The Troggs & The Troggs' Tapes were the inspiration for the Eurosong writing part of Fr. Ted. "Play the fucking note!"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Maddalena Fagandini

maddalena%2Balchemists%2Bof%2Bsound.jpg

I hear he was also in Rodan but he wasn't part of the classic lineup that made Rusty was he? Have never got around to watching Half-Cocked, worth a viewing?

this guy. played on the rodan 7" but not the l.p.

ain't seen half-cocked either, but just found this:

I'll never forget the strong words he had on behalf of GEFAFWISP.

"Can we stand around and eat pies while they’re being flattened like flies, swatted by the tail of a mad invisible horse? Of course not."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back