People Who Died (6 Viewers)

Considering we are the generation that saw ecstacy, cocaine and mdma all become mainstream norms it also means we are the generation that will see a lot of cardio events come early, and that will continue for a a few decades based on what i see in the pub etc etc.

Considering we are the generation that saw ecstacy, cocaine and mdma all become mainstream norms it also means we are the generation that will see a lot of cardio events come early, and that will continue for a a few decades based on what i see in the pub etc etc.

You think it's damaged hearts/ticking timebombs from 20something partying or ongoing drug & alchohol use?

Is there any hope for us ex-ravers that are on the straight & narrow now, Ann??

You think it's damaged hearts/ticking timebombs from 20something partying or ongoing drug & alchohol use?

Is there any hope for us ex-ravers that are on the straight & narrow now, Ann??

My entire backing for this theory is that sibling is a nurse and any time there's mention of long haul drugs them and their mates would just joke about cardio. You probably aren't meant to work a full day, and then go out and dance/party whatever for longer than a working day more than once or twice a year. It's a bit of an ultra, except with chips and booze.

Quini aka Enrique Castro (1949-2018)
Sporting Gijon, Barcelona and Spain footballer who scored 219 goals in La LIga.
Died of heart attack yesterday.
(his late brother Jesus was also Sporting Gijon's goalkeeper for years)
This was my very poor first attempt at a footballer obituary.

I neglected to mention:
Quini (1949 - 2018) was famously kidnapped in 1981 during the football season when with Barca and refused to press charges against his abductors.

His goalkeeper brother Jesus Castro died in 1993 as result of injuries he suffered saving a man and his two sons from drowning.
Sound hombres, Quini and Jesus.

Shortly before Quini died, the death of an actor from a terrible 90's TV sit com got a lot of attention. I thought I'd mention people who had actually done something more worthwhile in their lives.

This was the start of me posting a lot on Thumped.
Took me from 2006 to about 2018/19 to get from 600 to 1000 posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back