People Who Died (12 Viewers)

Heck of a guy
A life very well-lived

00belafonte-slide-LMMW-articleLarge.jpg

00belafonte-slide-1SOE-articleLarge.jpg

Part of the first wave of UK rock an roll. He was still performing until relatively recently
Proper pop music!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Part of the first wave of UK rock an roll. He was still performing until relatively recently
Proper pop music!

A reason to be cheerful.

Some people going out there and doing it

View attachment 16979
yeah. Just heard about this today.

I knew Finbar. I used to play with him when I was younger. He was a couple of years younger than me, but there was a rake of kids. He lived up along that road that goes down to Keel strand, on the left as you're heading towards the sea.

Last time I saw him I think he was about 9.

About 15 years later, I think it was Tom, an older brother? Or cousin, walked up to me on a building site and said hello. The family all lived on that road, the grandmother, Mrs Hurst, at the end.

Heck of a guy
A life very well-lived

00belafonte-slide-LMMW-articleLarge.jpg

00belafonte-slide-1SOE-articleLarge.jpg

bob dylan’s first ever appearance on record was playing harmonica on a harry belafonte record as an unknown 20-year-old kid. the story is great:

bob dylan’s first ever appearance on record was playing harmonica on a harry belafonte record as an unknown 20-year-old kid. the story is great:

Lovely lovely stuff

Quietly took out life insurance out on Dr. King - with his family as beneficiary

Doing the right thing isn't that difficult; you just have to do it

Going a bit crazy here, but I'm reading the Indo article and I might be mixed up or misremembering details here. It's saying the family home was in Cashel, Achill? The family I knew grew up on Achill Island. All the kids were living on the Island. Also I mixed up what side of the road they lived on, Celine lived on the right side of that road, and it was the other sister who lived on the left. I just looked at it on Google maps.

There was an older brother who I thought is Tom, and another brother John who was in a wheelchair with spina-bifida, and the younger fella was Finbar. But now my memory is totally confused, maybe it's another Cafferkey family, maybe it was another kid.

Long story short, I shouldn't have said anything. If I'm mixing people up I apologise. I hope it's not that family somehow.

This is so sad. He was one of my main inspirations when I started playing the guitar. He was such a great and distinctive player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back