People Who Died (30 Viewers)

“I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.”

“DON'T THINK OF IT AS DYING, said Death. JUST THINK OF IT AS LEAVING EARLY TO AVOID THE RUSH.”

“And what would humans be without love?"
RARE, said Death.”

“It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.”

Havent followed much of his TV adaptations ive seen wyrd sisters which it is a bit cartoonish and I watched Truckers which is not bad, Hogfather might be a good bet ?

hogfather sounds poor based on other people's reviews

gonna try wyrd sisters since it has christopher lee and jane horrocks in it

Just watched the Colour of Magic one there over dinner. Fairly dreadful.

But then it's not the greatest of source material.

I actually liked Hogfather and still watch it every christmas.

I've just realised that the ex got our signed hardback of "The carpet people", signed soft back of "The fifth elephant" and limited edition signed print of The Great A'Tuin.
Bollix

My advice would be to stick with the main discworld series itself, and go back to the Nome ones afterwards.

Guards! Guards!, Lords and Ladies, Hogfather, Fifth Elephant and Monstrous Regiment and Going Postal are especially good.

i find it very hard to remember which discworld book is which...they mostly sort of blend together

i've read all of them except Snuff and 'the amazing maurice and his educated rodents'

the nome books were the first pratchetts i ever read

I've probably read half of Discworld over the years, I started reading them again in order a year or two ago. It's gonna take me forever though, I'm only at Guards! Guards! right now.

My favourite was Thief of Time although we'll see if that's still the case when I get to it again.

Favourite non-discworld is probably Nation. 'Mazin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back