People Who Died (21 Viewers)

He was a huge part of my life growing up. A signed poster hangs above my desk at home. I won this record by Brett's band in a competition from Deadline comic in the late 80s.
I emailed him a few years ago to wish him well and asked about this band. He'd been planning on recording again.
It remains the only acid house I own.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

brett.jpg

Harris Wittels. A very funny guy that couldn't stop doing heroin.

Not an entirely wasted life though.

0.jpg

Harris Wittels. A very funny guy that couldn't stop doing heroin.

Not an entirely wasted life though.

I mainly knew of him as a sardonically funny guest on Comedy Bang Bang and various other Earwolf.com podcasts, was shocked to hear how deep he'd got into addiction through this amazingly frank (and also strangely hilarious) interview a few months back: You Made It Weird #236: Harris Wittels Returns « Nerdist He was fully aware that returning to heroin would kill him but also seemed to be trying to justify to himself the importance/need of staying alive, I remember it being a fascinating listen though it'd obviously be rather tragic now.

I mainly knew of him as a sardonically funny guest on Comedy Bang Bang and various other Earwolf.com podcasts, was shocked to hear how deep he'd got into addiction through this amazingly frank (and also strangely hilarious) interview a few months back: You Made It Weird #236: Harris Wittels Returns « Nerdist He was fully aware that returning to heroin would kill him but also seemed to be trying to justify to himself the importance/need of staying alive, I remember it being a fascinating listen though it'd obviously be rather tragic now.

I was aware of that one, haven't listened to it yet.

I liked those dumb Harris's Foam Corner things he did on Comedy Bang Bang

More on David Carr. Can't say enough about this guy.
David Carr, A Remarkable Journalist - Atlantic Mobile
David had no interest in objectivity, but he always believed that the truest arguments were reported and best bounded by narrative. Narrative was the elegant Trojan horse out of which the most daring and radical ideas could explode and storm a great city. An 800-word column demanding or rejecting reparations is easily repelled. Clyde Ross isn’t.

There is an extremely local guy who visits my folks every few weeks. His opening sentence when he lands is nearly always 'do you know who's dead?'. Me and the sisters are considering t-shirts.

this thread is that guy.

On Harris
Last night, the Parks writers staff and other friends shared Harris stories. One of my favorites was there was a serious email from NBC about a big sexual harassment seminar. Serious execs are CC’d along with Harris and the writers. Harris writes back, REPLY ALL, with this gem — now keep in mind EVERYONE is on this email, all the crew, so many higher level producers and execs, here we go:
tumblr_inline_nk3l5bj0el1qz7eiu.jpg

Sad to hear another comic artist of my youth has died

John Cooper who featured in every UK comuc I can think of at one time or another

RIP

Johnny-Red.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back