Penny Rimbaud (ex-Crass) reads a selection of his work - FRI 7th MAY at Seomra Spraoi (1 Viewer)

Re: Penny Rimbaud (ex-Crass) reads a selection of his work - FRI 7th MAY at Seomra Sp

the poems of pat in the hat with glenda gilson on kazoo

Re: Penny Rimbaud (ex-Crass) reads a selection of his work - FRI 7th MAY at Seomra Sp

I'm gonna do a spoken word show with a horn.

i'm going to do a spoken word too, with tastefull trouser horn accompaniment!

I know that penny is a cool guy and firmly believes in what he is saying and that this show is kind of high brow stuff that would frequently get performed in dark jazz clubs and art type installations. He no doubt gets a lot of high brow politicos talking bakunin and spanish revolution details (the train system actually improved once the anarchists took over you know), and I have to say I admire that considerably, he has no regard for modern punk rock or indeed any rock as he hasnt heard any music that challanges the norms or pushes the boundries, and whilst he doesn't look down on modern day punk rockers...he certainly takes it with a pinch of salt.

hence

seeing him confronted by 40 heads either drinking buckfast or holding clipboards will be interesting, I'd say that if someone shouts out for "banned from the roxy" then he'll be sticking his shirt back on and heading back to dial house with a bag full of knitted rice quicker than you can say "andy T...that was a bit shite wasn't it penny?"

GBH the next night though...........get in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Banned from the roxy.. now we're getting somewhere.

Going to see Kiss instead

penny rimbaud = green goblin?

And Im gonna try interview him, here's hoping he aint too pricky about things!

Might just start the interview with, "here about anarchism, its never really gonna work is it?"

i tells ya, he was fucking brillaint as gandolf in the lord of the rings

Well I don't see how one guy reading poetry over some saxaphone challenges the norms or pushes boundaries, that kind of rubbish has been around a lot longer than punk rock.

Having said that I'd probably prefer to see this show than him singing Crass songs but that's just me.....

Well I don't see how one guy reading poetry over some saxaphone challenges the norms or pushes boundaries, that kind of rubbish has been around a lot longer than punk rock.

Having said that I'd probably prefer to see this show than him singing Crass songs but that's just me.....
What are you doing in here? LOL

given that he was the drummer in crass I would doubt he would ever be singing crass songs

although...imagine how much fun it would be to go to a "penny rimbaud plays crass songs on drums" gig. Would be like an artane boys band (slimmed down bargain edition) playing at a lord of the rings fancy dress party

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back