Penny Rimbaud (ex-Crass) reads a selection of his work - FRI 7th MAY at Seomra Spraoi (1 Viewer)

Seomra Spraoi

Website
www.seomraspraoi.org
Penny Rimbaud is a poet, drummer, writer, former member of the performance art group EXIT and co-founder of the anarchist punk band Crass, with Steve Ignorant in 1977.

He also set up the anarchist/pacifist Dial House community in 1967 with Gee Vaucher and Phil Russell and helped to instigate the free festival movement.

An ardent, articulate and still angry polemicist, his works include Reality Asylum, Rocky Eyed and Oh America. Says Rimbaud of his own legacy: “our response to things wasn’t a musician or a lyrical response, it was a political response.”

Louise Elliott an Australian tenor saxophonist and has performed with a wealth of international musicians.

Accompanied by haunting sax, Penny Rimbaud will read a selection of his work. Join us for an unforgettable evening with a truly righteous, independent spirit.

at 8pm

BYOB, €10 waged, €5 unwaged suggested donation
penny_rimbaud.jpg

Dublin Poster.jpg

Re: Penny Rimbaud (ex-Crass) reads a selection of his work - FRI 7th MAY at Seomra Sp

I'm with napalm on this!

Maybe we better hand back or punk membership cards now dude.

Re: Penny Rimbaud (ex-Crass) reads a selection of his work - FRI 7th MAY at Seomra Sp

From a photographers point of view I'd like to grab a few shots but like the previous posters it doesn't grab me at all and just smacks of wierdo hippyism.

What we did as activists was much more important to us than the music

NEXT!

comments on the interviews with him on youtube are great fun

I Think I'd Rather Associate The Start And Success Of "Punk" With Crass And Not The SHIT Pistols Or The CASH. Fuck The Pistols And The Clash.

you are american and very young. If I am a Worm Im proud of it . You wasnt even born in the 70`s. The whole history of Crass was interesting. But some members went back to there middle class routes.I wont elaborate hear cant be arsed. They did have a point but.......Wake up and smell the Coffee lol!

he seems like a fairly likeable guy in anything i've seen him in although he'd probably hate me.

unfortunately the video of him meeting the beatles was taken down the other week

He does seem sound enough, that Vice interview is pretty good and the political inserts in the albums are a good read. They're a rubbish band though and him reading poetry to a background sax player seems a bit lame...

He has a very high opinion of himself, don't you think?

Crass were great,this however does not sound like it will be anything like the greatness of Crass.

Kiss are playing the same night. I'm going to see them.

next time i post something tongue in cheek i shall include this picture so there are no misunderstandings

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_625496.jpg

Crass were great,this however does not sound like it will be anything like the greatness of Crass.

Kiss are playing the same night. I'm going to see them.
Stick me down for Penny.

Imma gonna do a spoken word show myself with some tasteful french horn accompaniment.

A fiver in,byob.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back