pedals wanted: distortion and delay (2 Viewers)

hag said:
seems he's got a pedal which loops between 4 and 5 seconds... thought somenoe might know what they were... or maybe suggest something similar.

my digitech x-series digital delay gives you a 4 second sampler mode

hit the button and play something, hit it again and it starts too loop what you've just done

hit it again, while yer loop is up, and you can 'overdub' another part to that loop again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

it's not perfect, but for the money (150) it's aces compared to splashing out 600 or so on a proper dedicated pro looper unit.

- you cant hook it up to a plug, so you're restricted to batteries ( afaik not the case with the electroharmonix version).
well i know the memory man comes with a power supply which is good cos my dd5s keep crapping out after about 2 seconds whenever i forget my plugs. does musictechnology really just buy stuff in bulk from thomann? i mean am i waiting cos they're waiting to fill up a big bulk order? for the extra ten or fifteen bucks i'd nearly rather have just ordered it from thomann a few week ago so i could be dicking around with it now instead of talkign about not having it here.
ps you're a cunt for not telling me you were selling that pedal, a pure cunt.

andrew
oh i put the ps in the wrong place.

that sounds like what i want alright and not too spensive... if i call around to you with a pre-rolled and me fahtar, could i try it out? hi-5.
Pantone247 said:
my digitech x-series digital delay gives you a 4 second sampler mode

hit the button and play something, hit it again and it starts too loop what you've just done

hit it again, while yer loop is up, and you can 'overdub' another part to that loop again and again and again and again and again and again and again...

it's not perfect, but for the money (150) it's aces compared to splashing out 600 or so on a proper dedicated pro looper unit.

points of order for you guitar longhairs

I think th'aul digitech is a small bit more than one-fitty, but it is really, really good

I'm pretty sure the opening bit in let's face it pal is not a pedal. I might be wrong but I plaster a similar sound all over Get a Room stuff and it aint a bass or a pedal. Don Cab nicked it off me, the cunts. No really.

hee hee, it's eric ehm's bass alright. seen him doin' it. :)
snakybus said:

I think th'aul digitech is a small bit more than one-fitty, but it is really, really good

I'm pretty sure the opening bit in let's face it pal is not a pedal. I might be wrong but I plaster a similar sound all over Get a Room stuff and it aint a bass or a pedal. Don Cab nicked it off me, the cunts. No really.

cool out. hi-5 etc :)
Pantone247 said:
I got it from Santa Claus, well... sort of...

:)

Haggy I'm moving house at the moment,
but once i get settled we can sort something out

snakybus said:

I was talking to Dave Waiting Room last night about Lightning Bolt, and he was telling me about this Line 6 pedal that LB use, to chop up the sound like DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU-DU really fast. Then I listened to Lets Face It Pal, and I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. What a fuckin deadly sound!

It's one of those really colourful pedals with 4 switches...

colourful as in "green" ? hah
it's the same line 6 looping jobby i was talking about before. you can make that sound on most delay pedals. i like this thread

andrew

M.BISON said:
colourful as in "green" ? hah
it's the same line 6 looping jobby i was talking about before. you can make that sound on most delay pedals. i like this thread

andrew
I don't think it's the Green one, cos Dave has one of them himself, and I'm sure he would have mentioned the fact that he can do it while we were talking about it.
I'm gonna get me one of those X-Series ones though. €159 is pretty good for a loop pedal, even though it's only 4 secs...

k, the lightning bolt guy uses the green line6 though.
just got email to say my memory man will be in on monday or tuesday
hurray

andrew

M.BISON said:
k, the lightning bolt guy uses the green line6 though.
just got email to say my memory man will be in on monday or tuesday
hurray

andrew
Kool.

Ya, two of the music shops here in Cork are after starting selling Elecro Harmonix stuff. Totally whack! And if they don't have something that you want, they can get it the next day, cos the store place is like really close. That's cool. I need a new adaptor for my Holy Grail (sweetest reverb ever, and has Flerb (flange/reverb)).

And Pro-Musica are doing all the MXR pedals too! Totally WHACK!

is pro musica in cork? i'm guessing so
i'm gonna pick up an mxr blue box pretty soon.....
what are hte prices like down in cork? memory man was 325 or some nonsense price in music maker / musician inc / wherever and is like 190 from music technology.ie

andrew
andrew

M.BISON said:
is pro musica in cork? i'm guessing so
i'm gonna pick up an mxr blue box pretty soon.....
what are hte prices like down in cork? memory man was 325 or some nonsense price in music maker / musician inc / wherever and is like 190 from music technology.ie

andrew
andrew
I'll check it out in a while, and get back to ya.

andy drools at TROUM's pedals!

Lazybird_photo3.jpg

if you look closely, i'm clearly have my eyes closed and couldn't care much about their pedals - i was too into the drones and shit

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back