pedals wanted: distortion and delay (1 Viewer)

Ex-User (250)

Since 2000
looking for a distortion pedal and a delay pedal. anything considered except things that don't function as distortion or delay pedals for electric guitars.

Boss DD-5 Digital Delay. The best Delay on the market, hardly used, as new, Price: €150 Contact: [email protected], 086-8060037.
Munster, Northern Ireland

is on buy and sell at the moment - i use two of them (and am getting a memory man too). i'd haggle that price the fuck down though
it's a pretty good pedal - doubt it's "the best"...do you want a delay pedal or a fancy loop pedal (a la don cab / akai headrush / line 6 job)?
also you can get an electroharmonix big muff for like 65 euro from musictechnology.ie
tho it's taking forever for them to order me in my memory man so what the fuckever about those dudes, i dunno. supposidly good.
andrew

I got a digitech 'X SERIES' delay pedal over chrsitmas

it is THE SHIT

To my ears it's a zillion times cooler sounding then a Boss (got the tape thing where the sound sort of tapers off lo-fi stylee, and a reverse setting, and s dirty 4 second looper) and it's SILVER! So when you're not using it you can wear it round your neck like a super fly medalion.

Big Muffs are pretty good distortion pedals, but every fucker uses them, you get real tired of it real quick. I'd check out Danoelectros stuff, Goodwins on capel st. have loads, or try a pedal called the RAT or TURBO RAT, they're pretty aces.

i have a turbo rat as well - it's a solid pedal. there's one for 65 on buy and sell right now.
also - get a zoom505 - it's easily the best value for money pedal EVaR!

andrew

M.BISON said:
also - get a zoom505 - it's easily the best value for money pedal EVaR!

that step effect on the 505 is off the freaking hook!

I think I might get another distortion pedal, I got a DOD Fuzz and it's pretty masty and funny... but having every guitar sound like someone getting murdered by a Philips Ladyshave is pretty boring after a while

can you get a delay pedal that will dealy for 4-5 seconds? i'm going to be using them initially for the bass but will eventually use them with guitar too so i'd like to get a pair that would sound good with both and not very expensive... i guess i want a loop pedal... i don't like the mem ory man, greg uses it and no matter what you do with it, it always sounds like "that other song you use that pedal for..."

appreciate the informative shit going on here guys... ;) you gotta be really clear guys... i'm already getting confused with the names... break them down into loop pedal and distortion please and an effort at describing the distorted sound would be mucho appreciado too... sure, i guess the best thing to do would be to bring me bass in and try them out... but what do they say about experience again? it's good?

i think the new boss dd6 has around a 5/6 second memory....never used it
try and find an akai headrush - that'll totally do waht you want. ebay would be your best bet cos i think akai have discontinued them
there's a boss rc-20 which is a 'looping pedal' - same kinda thing - more memory to store loops (up to 30 seconds or something)
ask matty about the line6 one too.

andrew

Im gonna be getting an Ibanez Tube Screamer soon, they're the BUSINESS. Blow the Big Muff out of the water (Im getting rid of mine)...it all depends what type of distortion you're looking for. The Big Muff can give meat to a crap guitar, the RAT really needs a good guitar or it will sound like some cheap Boss piece of shit. Speaking of that, for big chugging the Boss Mega Overdrive and Turbo Overdrive pedals are brilliant, you get some basic parametric eq on them so if like most bands you play in the same stupid key all the time you can really get the most out of the pedal with the parametrics. And they're only about a hundred quid or so. Tube Screamers are only for toffs though, 200 knicker usually.

what's the difference between overdrive and distortion? seriously.

the guitar is a kramer, it's pretty sweet... i think a rat might be good, that what matty uses, isn't it? you know on 'please don't ask...", the last bar where the guitars go into that really big distorted sound? i like that kind of distortion...

as for the bass, it's a TCS, it's really chunky sounding... you know the start of 'let's face it pal'? i want to be able to make those kind of sounds but i'd also like to be able to loop 4 or 5 seond licks at the same time... is that a mix between a loop and delay pedal i'm after?

my rat sounds horrible through small solid state amps and killer through my big'n. just can't make the thing work through the little ones. go figure.
i have some super cheap marshall jackhammer which i totally dig cos i get a big dorky metal sound out of it. how much do you wanna sell me your big muff for? 30 bones? do you wanna just let me uh have it?
i still wanna get that mxr blue box - i was gonna order it from musictechnology.ie but i figured i'd wait and see how ordering the memory man went first and that doesn't seem to be happening at all. 1 email from them saying they cn't get in touch with electroharmonix...yeah wahtevs.

andrew

hag said:
as for the bass, it's a TCS, it's really chunky sounding... you know the start of 'let's face it pal'?

the "duhduhduhdudhudhdudhdudh" sound? that's killer. damo used to always do that. i know you can't drop mad loops over it if you're using a normal delay pedal though...

i've used the rat with my kramer for ages and it all depends on what amp it's going through....i remember someone in trm having a rat when we used to practise there.

anyone used those boss pitchshifters? kinda pricey and i'd dig something with a footpedal....but what's it like?

andrew

:confused: i'm just talking about the distortion sound they got... nothing to do with loops.

M.BISON said:
the "duhduhduhdudhudhdudhdudh" sound? that's killer. damo used to always do that. i know you can't drop mad loops over it if you're using a normal delay pedal though...

yeah, guess that's the way alright. just thought someone might know what i'm after... the bass: you can hear what i mean in the first few seconds of "let's face it pal..." and the guitar, you know the owls? seems he's got a pedal which loops between 4 and 5 seconds... thought somenoe might know what they were... or maybe suggest something similar. i've never really used pedals before, except crappy boss distortion yokes so i was just after a bit of inside info... as opposed to 2 mates comparing notes on stuff they knows tonnes about already and probably yack about it every time they see each other in anyways ;)

M.BISON said:
oh ok whatever
i dunno - spend enough time with enough gear and you'll probably get the sound you want

andrew

well ian williams uses 2 akai headrushes. that much i does know
try guitargeek.com - there might be setups there.......

andrew

i know it's not the bass set up but...

doncabellero_ian_2000.gif

andrew

re musictechnology, thats probably true enough I was waiting ages for an electroharmonix Big Muff and they are very slow to deliver, so I just bought the russian one for 30 bucks less which sounds practically identical. But be warned - you cant hook it up to a plug, so you're restricted to batteries ( afaik not the case with the electroharmonix version).

Hag, I had a l;oan of Matties RAT once, and Ive used his Marshall before so I guess thats his signal chain there, I know he has plays a few different guitars though, did I see him playing a gretsch at Witness this year?

Andy, someone's already got dibs on the big muff sorry dude. I might not get rid of it though, prob better getting into the habit of collecting gear rather than selling it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back