PD's (4 Viewers)

Has to be said McDowell made a great job of controlling last nights debate, anything he said, especially any Zingers he had, he generally managed to say twice in a row very loudly... fighting like a cornered rat...

I think the presenter should've taken him down a couple of times, but he didn't and McDowell defintely won on air-time and shouting down his opponents. Trevor Sargent looked agitated and fustrated (AND had his notes plainly biro-ed on his hand!) Gerry Adams had one thing about Human Rights that he said again and again and Pat Rabbite, while he was hilarious... he's wry looks and cheeky eyebrows would win my vote alone, just didn't get his points across and looked flakey...

Yeah anyhow, good telly

given his legal background, he should be able to sleepwalk a debate like that.
Exactly
The other guys just don't have the training. I think televised debates are daft, you may as well stick the candidates in a boxing ring for all the relevance debating skills have to competence when in government. The Greens in particular are divils, you'd think they'd have realised by now that they need some serious preparation for media appearances, plenty of sparring as it were, but no, they just send on their man and hope his warm heart shines through

Exactly
The other guys just don't have the training. I think televised debates are daft, you may as well stick the candidates in a boxing ring for all the relevance debating skills have to competence when in government. The Greens in particular are divils, you'd think they'd have realised by now that they need some serious preparation for media appearances, plenty of sparring as it were, but no, they just send on their man and hope his warm heart shines through
too many hippies in party h.q.

why does everybody pick on mitchum? he seems like a nice enough fella to me.

ah, he's pretty up-his-own-arse pretentious; which is fine, there are plenty of others on thumped who are similar; but he combines it with a real dose of vindictive nastiness for no reason other than that he appears to want to be a spiteful prick. each to their own, i suppose.

The Greens in particular are divils, you'd think they'd have realised by now that they need some serious preparation for media appearances, plenty of sparring as it were, but no, they just send on their man and hope his warm heart shines through
sure they only grudgingly appointed a leader a few years ago.

Ooh reading that other thread it seems lots of people thought the non-McDowell faction did better than you gave them credit for Pantone. I didn't watch the debate, of course, was too far over to the left to see the screen

I think the presenter should've taken him down a couple of times, but he didn't and McDowell defintely won on air-time and shouting down his opponents.

John Bowman should be the only person allowed near this sort of thing; Miriam O'Callaghan had Willie O'Dea and some FG guy and she couldn't control them either.

Any time the door-bell rings out my I way, I sprint to the door hoping its
Mr McBowel so I can kick him in the nuts... alas Mr McBowel hasnt called in yet...
Hope I'm wearing me toe-caps if he ever does!!

Has to be said McDowell made a great job of controlling last nights debate, anything he said, especially any Zingers he had, he generally managed to say twice in a row very loudly... fighting like a cornered rat...

I think the presenter should've taken him down a couple of times, but he didn't and McDowell defintely won on air-time and shouting down his opponents. Trevor Sargent looked agitated and fustrated (AND had his notes plainly biro-ed on his hand!) Gerry Adams had one thing about Human Rights that he said again and again and Pat Rabbite, while he was hilarious... he's wry looks and cheeky eyebrows would win my vote alone, just didn't get his points across and looked flakey...

Yeah anyhow, good telly

i dont agree.
granted my abject hatred of mcdowell could my judgement but i thought that he came accross very badly. dragged it down to mudslinging at every point and didnt get across any of the pds policies or stances hardly at all - but thats been their campaign so far anyway.
mcdowells got nothing to lose at this stage, the pds are rightly fucked.

in order of how they performed imho :
adams>mcdowell>seargeant>rabitt

I thought mcdowell was shite, he kept coming back to points already covered as if he'd only just thought of something good to say, and when they asked him for things he'd actually do (especially with the immigration issue which he completely failed to answer on), all he could do was sling mud. He was like a drowning animal standing on other's heads to get air. All he came across as was bitter and angry, and who would vote for that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back