PD's (1 Viewer)

here... does anyone remember those Lib Dems adverts, shown on BBC I think it was, or ITV or something, and they were banging on about proportional representation voting, and I was thinking, yeah, fucking right, its bollocks that the UK doesn't have a proper voting system, that they just have this load of shite tick who you want to win thing.

And the ad wore on, and I was starting to tune out, and then they were saying, "ohh Labour and the Conservatives dont want this style of voting because they say it's 'much too complicated for the public'... grand pause... 'but even The Irish can figure it out, surely it's not that complex!".

And, I swear to fucking God... they showed some fucking ginger headed bog trotter with a pig in his front room.
And I was just there... :eek: you utter cunts.
Whadaya fuckin mean even the Irish can work it out.

Yeah. Then they lost the election horribly, and I thought... heh heh heh, swivel pal.

the PD's campaign slogan is "Don't Throw It All Away"

as if we're bratty children who, after all they've done for us, are going to go off and get hitched with the bad boys from the Labour/Greens/FG camp

I suppose it's the only slogan they can run on considering they'll only get at most 3% of the vote and need FF to have a shortage of seats to get into Goverenent... with such a shite state of affairs you think they'd be a bit more eager to impress

Mostly I'm just confused about how McDowell spent half the campagin trying to distance himself from Bertie and demand he came clean, and now the other half, it seems, pulling a huge U-Turn and trying to assure everyone he totally trusts him and is ready to be in Goverenment with him again.... what was that about Micheal? To prove your not FF's bitch, but without upsetting them? huh?

the PD's campaign slogan is "Don't Throw It All Away"

as if we're bratty children who, after all they've done for us, are going to go off and get hitched with the bad boys from the Labour/Greens/FG camp

I suppose it's the only slogan they can run on considering they'll only get at most 3% of the vote and need FF to have a shortage of seats to get into Goverenent... with such a shite state of affairs you think they'd be a bit more eager to impress

Mostly I'm just confused about how McDowell spent half the campagin trying to distance himself from Bertie and demand he came clean, and now the other half, it seems, pulling a huge U-Turn and trying to assure everyone he totally trusts him and is ready to be in Goverenment with him again.... what was that about Micheal? To prove your not FF's bitch, but without upsetting them? huh?

:) this thread is gas.i think the PDs try to position themselves as the moral watchdogs of Fianna Fail when in government with them.so McDowell wanted to get these credentials in order first before backing Bertie again.ah the PDs, God love them they try hard but they're just so right wing.

PD's: Down 3 points to 1% .|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|
McDowell's plan kinda backfired.

frank mcnamara who used to be on the late late is running for them in the ballyer area.what the fuck?

http://www.frankmcnamara.com/frankmcnamara/

They also have Colm O'Gorman from 1 in 4 running for them, and Jane Mullins founder of Positive Action, the group for women infected with Hepatitus C. There was even talk of Eddie Hobbs joining up at one point. Some of the people they have running for them are really weird and not people I would have thought would have supported their kerrazy free-market agenda.

I think they're operating a Lionel Hutz style campaign - "surprise witnesses each more surprising than the last!"

They also have Colm O'Gorman from 1 in 4 running for them, and Jane Mullins founder of Positive Action, the group for women infected with Hepatitus C. There was even talk of Eddie Hobbs joining up at one point. Some of the people they have running for them are really weird and not people I would have thought would have supported their kerrazy free-market agenda.

I think they're operating a Lionel Hutz style campaign - "surprise witnesses each more surprising than the last!"

:)

THEY WERE STICKIN' BOOKS IN THE DOOR ROUND MY WAY. FUCKIN' BOOKS!!

THEY'RE A JOKE. SUCH DESPERATE CAMPAIGNING. TERRIBLE SLOGANS. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SLOGANS WHEN THE VOTING PUBLIC ARE SUCH MONGOs.

NONE OF THE ABOVE-AQUANDO

NONE OF THE ABOVE-AQUANDO

brewster7ab.png

anyone else get those pd leaflet's in the post today - the slightly insulting/desperate cartoon leaflets???
they're in the bin right now...
i'm not a pd or an anti-pd person, but the stuff we got at our house was really pathetic

- leigh

PD's, especially Eddie Hitler himself can go fuck. Isn't there only like 15 of them anyway?

I said 'DON'T' throw it all away! 'DON'T'!!!

PD's: Down 3 points to 1% .|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|.|..|
McDowell's plan kinda backfired.

it's mind boggling that a party with 1% support are currently in office... I think stuff like that only happens in the more unstable regions of South America... not only have they been in power but they used said power to chase some very personal vendettas too

McDowell was on RTE Radio 1 on Sunday making nice with Bertie (cue my other rant about Bertie doing an interview with the Indo rather then a press conference on the Saturday, thus making all the other Sundays look out of the loop and surely benifiting the Indo's sales considerably), anyhow McD kept refusing to "speculate on the polls" and would rather "focus on the issues" the main issue being that they had done alright so far so why would you want to get rid of them?

The man is a bitter little unlikable charisma vaccum... stacked against him suddenly Enda Keeny even looks almost life like...

it's mind boggling that a party with 1% support are currently in office... I think stuff like that only happens in the more unstable regions of South America... not only have they been in power but they used said power to chase some very personal vendettas too

McDowell was on RTE Radio 1 on Sunday making nice with Bertie (cue my other rant about Bertie doing an interview with the Indo rather then a press conference on the Saturday, thus making all the other Sundays look out of the loop and surely benifiting the Indo's sales considerably), anyhow McD kept refusing to "speculate on the polls" and would rather "focus on the issues" the main issue being that they had done alright so far so why would you want to get rid of them?

The man is a bitter little unlikable charisma vaccum... stacked against him suddenly Enda Keeny even looks almost life like...

Being all politically retarded here, did FF really need the PD's 1% of the last election? Didn't they have 79 seats or something like that? It is completely amazing that such a fringe political element as the PD's have the swing that they do. Representing 1 or 2% of the electorate and they get Ministers for Health and Justice? WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back