Paypal Question (4 Viewers)

I put an ad to sell stuff up online and someone wants to pay me through paypal. HMD has a paypal account that he's bought stuff with, so the person could pay into that I presume.

I have to post them the items, they said they'd pay an extra 15 quid to cover the postage. Is there much chance of them scamming me? I know fuck all abut this type of thing so what's the best procedure. Wait for the paypal money to clear before I post?

I'm defo getting a payppal button in me signature.Fuck this rep shite.
A euro a gag.

I put an ad to sell stuff up online and someone wants to pay me through paypal. HMD has a paypal account that he's bought stuff with, so the person could pay into that I presume.

I have to post them the items, they said they'd pay an extra 15 quid to cover the postage. Is there much chance of them scamming me? I know fuck all abut this type of thing so what's the best procedure. Wait for the paypal money to clear before I post?

immediate best practice:

give the payment 48 hours from when it's been received before sending the item, most payments with problems are flagged up pretty quickly.

If it's CDs/Vinyl etc. almost no-one will be trying to scam you but if you're selling mobile phones or computer stuff be very careful on who you're dealing with. If you can meet up in person then pay in cash.

Send the item recorded delivery whatever you do, and make sure that it's trackable outside of the country if it's going outside of the country.

99 percent of stuff is fine, as I said give it 48 hours and make that 99.5% of stuff but there's always a risk.

Well, I've already been robbed by paypal so I might as well just send the stuff. :rolleyes:

The woman transferred 85 quid in and Paypal deducted a fee from me, even though I didn't do anything, leaving me with 81.76!!

Then the cunts took another 1 euro off me for transferring the money to a bank account.

Thieving gypsy bastards. :(

3.24 to transfer money in is fucking exorbitant though. And why charge me and not charge her? And then charge me again?

I suppose they have to pay for your high wages somehow.

I would have asked her for more money if I had have known. The postage better be next to nothing now to make up for it.

3.24 to transfer money in is fucking exorbitant though. And why charge me and not charge her? And then charge me again?

I suppose they have to pay for your high wages somehow.

I would have asked her for more money if I had have known. The postage better be next to nothing now to make up for it.

fucking cunts

Honestly? Look into your options:

The cost of setting up a terminal with a credit card company to receive payments: forget it.

Transferring funds from one bank account to another: possibly cheaper, possibly much higher, depending on what you're dealing with.

Western Union: about the same and no-one would ever agree to it.

Cash: go for it if you can.

pay for cheap postage and you risk losing it all. Just saying. See section 4.6 of the user agreement if you want to see scary stuff.

fucking cunts

this is it.

I is John, at work today.

Brewer%20Employee%20of%20the%20Month.jpg

havnt used paypal in a while.
got a question.
bought something off a site the other day. this was in my inbox earlier. basically an email sent to the dispatcher and cc'd to me

.......You received a payment of $120.00 USD from dhead(dhead@hotmail.com)
Thanks for using PayPal. You can now ship any items. To see all the transaction details, log in to your PayPal account.

Important note: dunderhead has provided an unconfirmed address. Please check the Transaction Details page for this payment to find out whether you will be covered by PayPal Seller Protection.

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Seller Protection - Eligible.......

thats the email

anyway,my paypal account says transaction completed.
replied to the above email, confirming my address. thing I bought is now a sold out limited edition thingy so dont want it fucked up. my shipping address on paypal account is as it should be.

suggestions?

seriously like - what the fuck is up with this lot?

they locked my account and need photo ID and a copy of a bill as proof of address. i have major problems with handing over stuff like that to a private company, but anyway..

i sent them a copy of my drivers licence - (which, even though it has your address on it doesn't count as proof of address) - clearly showing all three panels (personal details, start date, expiry date) and a vodafone bill i received yesterday, because their site says:

To confirm your address, please send us a copy of a bill that shows your name and address. Helpful documents include a utility bill, a cell phone bill, an insurance bill, or a tuition bill
this morning i get this:

1.We could not review your proof of address for the reasons stated below:
-Unfortunately we have not received a valid proof of address. Please
provide an entire proof of address document, as a partial document is not
valid.

Acceptable documents include utility bills, a bank or credit card
statement, or a health or car insurance bill. Please note that payslips ,
online bank statements or mobile phone bills are not considered as valid
proof of address
. In addition, we only accept documents (hard copy) that
were sent to the postal address registered on your PayPal account.The
documents should not be older than 6 months and must contain the date of
issue.

2.The proof of identity you provided to our services could not be reviewed
for the reasons stated below:
-The document provided has no date of expiry shown and is therefore
invalid. Please resend a document showing a date of expiry.
Clowns.

Be sure to upload an image of the full document as well, people aren't above trying to fake these things.

If the image you uploaded for Photo ID clearly shows what is being asked for (and is still valid) then don't upload it again, someone forgot to cut that bit out. Once again, make sure it's the full document

In regards the why, i won't bore you with loads of details but Paypal is regulated by the Money Laundering Regulations 2007 ("MLR") which implemented the Third EU Money Laundering Directive. Google them and you'll see that they're legally required to get this info from you and being that you can't walk into a branch on grafton street and show your photo ID and proof of address these things have to be faxed or uploaded.

mobile phone bills are not acceptable forms of address verification when opening bank accounts either. the reference to "cell phone" in pete's post implies a US-style procedure , no?
i'd imagine so. The entire system is U.S. based and the website reflects this. Plus paypal has a banking licence in europe but not in the Usa so data protection regulations are all over the shop. People would be terrified of being too lax on a european account because of the potential fines involved.

Name and address exactly as it is on the account? I mean EXACTLY. If it's not then change the address on the account to match it.

Make sure it can be seen to be dated within the past six months

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back