pay cuts (1 Viewer)

to continue with my right wing streak thats been emerging since february or so, iv'e gotten very pro national service, but only for the reason that i spent the ages 17 - 19 in a alcoholic haze of sorts. the gun thing probably is'nt necessary or worthwhile, but being made spend a year running about in the woods with backpacks on and firing out sandbags in the lowlands during the wet season would probably have done me good.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Norway also has Fishing and Forrestry which serves to increase the wealth of the country significantly and make them much more self sufficient than other countries (material for house building, paper, food, and exporting those goods).

They also have high tax rates but great infrastructure/education/healthcare and standard of living. It seems that there you get what you pay for.

Norway also has shitloads of oil and has squirrelled away all the money it has made from oil for a rainy day in a Sovereign wealth fund.

I love the scandanavians

pay freeze.
bonus has some weighted system that i don't understand but if the company and our area do badly we might not get it. got last year's though even with a 50%ish drop in revenue growth, so fingers crossed for this year.
one round of redundancies earlier in the year, hopefully that's the last of it for a while.

They have a very well educated people, they pay tons of tax, they have a government of people who aren't rife with ferociously corrupt Kerry footballers and so on, but their money, their real wealth is oil money, which is distributed back into social programs, health and various other things for the people, and later into sovereign wealth funds. (So when the oil runs out, they will remain being wealthy.)
How is all this possible for them? Why don't some of them try and get rich on the oil money, and fuck their fellow citizens? When they discovered oil, why did they exploit it themselves instead of handing it over to some multi-national? Why do they willingly pay high taxes rather than voting for more money in their pockets and then ranting on Joe Duffy when there's no money in the national coffers for their Ma's hip operation?

I think they must like each other more than we do (or hate each other less)

Easy answer egg- the place is full of Norwegians instead of irish people.

and there's the thing.
I went to Norway when I was 19, and left when I was 20 because degrees dont do them selves (or so I thought.)

And of course there are are much tears and so on at the airport. Unfortunately she saw straight through me.

Sob..the buses.. running on time BREATH BREATH BREAH
and the SOB education system... and OH GOD THE INFRASTRUCTURE.. OH GODDDD.. BWAAAAAAHH
IRELAND...
there there. You beat Italy in the Giants Stadium that time, remember?
sniff... yeah.. sniff.. I suppose... we beat Italy that one time
yeaaaaah, there you go...
BUT THE BUSES!!!! NOOOO I'M NEVER LEAVING YOU!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back