Pat Kenny takes a bollockin' (1 Viewer)

well kenny is the figure head of the top earners in there, as our friend mentioned. he's the presenter on out national broadcaster and the public face. i think he should be fit to cover himself a bit better then just ignoring and brushing it aside. he's no loius theroux, David/Richard attenborough, he's not outstandingly talented. he's a below average television anchor. he facilitates entertainment rather then produces it. and how does a guy end working an 11 hour week for that money, surely thats not an advertised position, more likely an rte inside thing where backs scratch backs. i'd say he has a fair bit to do with how much he gets paid.

To toothless man you listen.

StarWars-Yoda1.jpg

As soon as the rant gets going you can see that the dude's lost his point and is rambling. Heard him on Today FM this morning, he's had mental issues for years by his own admittance. I doubt Pat will lose sleep over it.

As soon as the rant gets going you can see that the dude's lost his point and is rambling. Heard him on Today FM this morning, he's had mental issues for years by his own admittance. I doubt Pat will lose sleep over it.

I'm confused - does the fact that he has mental issues mean that his point is any less valid?

well kenny is the figure head of the top earners in there, as our friend mentioned. he's the presenter on out national broadcaster and the public face. i think he should be fit to cover himself a bit better then just ignoring and brushing it aside. he's no loius theroux, David/Richard attenborough, he's not outstandingly talented. he's a below average television anchor. he facilitates entertainment rather then produces it. and how does a guy end working an 11 hour week for that money, surely thats not an advertised position, more likely an rte inside thing where backs scratch backs. i'd say he has a fair bit to do with how much he gets paid.

Pat is on air for 11 hours a week - that doesn't mean he only works for 11 hours. He's good on the radio and this show is proving a real success taking over form the well regarded but moribund Questions and Answers. Perfick vehicle for him. He is as good a current affairs broadcaster going I reckon.

I'd imagine he didn't confront this guy on the matter 'cos he was clearly a rambling loon.

I'm not saying it's not a lot of money - I'm just pointing out that he works more than 11 hours a week, and he's doing a good job imo.

fair enough. some basic math in the meantimes has told me that pat kenny makes 74 euro an hour, supposing that he works 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. thats a tv licence fee for every every two hours he exists... or 4300 licences per annum. last year it would have been closer to one hour per licence fee - i wonder how many of those hours he has simply been in bed, hungover and wanking.

i'd say fine, people might not like the swagger of the dissenter, but he made a fair point in his own way and it makes more sense to me to investigate what he's on about then to prop up kenny.

he's paid comparable amounts to other global presenters. his pay comes from licence fees which no one pays and advertising revenue so who cares if he gets paid a fuck load? plenty of other things to focus our rage on in a recession.

he's not a global presenter froog.

primetime averages 450,000 per week in viewing. i'd say front line would be comparable to that.

bad choice of words, you know what i mean tho, leading presenters in their own countries, leno, wossy, etc.

edit: actually leno's contracts are in the tens of millions.

i'd say fine, people might not like the swagger of the dissenter, but he made a fair point in his own way and it makes more sense to me to investigate what he's on about then to prop up kenny.

RTE 'talent' wages have been out in the open for a while now - everyone knows them. They took a pay cut; Kenny took a 10% pay cut in February. The RTE Director General admitted that the wages were excessive and they plan to be cut. What's to investigate? Are they worthy of these paypackets? Yes debatable but there are bigger issues at hand.

well view for view, i cant see the comparison. compare it to any other country that has a population approaching 5 million. while america and the uk speak english relatively well, we cant compare the economies of our broadcasting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back