Pat Kenny takes a bollockin' (1 Viewer)

it all begs the question.

is it actually RTE's inferiority complex that needs highly paid stars when in reality Ireland is pure rubbish at making TV celebrities and there'll never be an Irish Jonathan Ross or some shite like that

i mean one that is likely to stay in Ireland and work on Irish TV.

Zig_%26_Zag_RT%C3%89_One_27_October_2008.jpg

well.... then the eventually fucked of to TV accross the pond and then MTV... but for a while they were our Kennedys

This guy was a plant so Kenny could make himself look good after last week's expletive reaction to Jack O'Connor. The bloke in the audience is a known nutter and was allowed to take part. The audience is researched for this show and this guy is known for outbursts, he previously did it to Richard Dawkins and other prominent figures.

This guy was a plant so Kenny could make himself look good after last week's expletive reaction to Jack O'Connor. The bloke in the audience is a known nutter and was allowed to take part. The audience is researched for this show and this guy is known for outbursts, he previously did it to Richard Dawkins and other prominent figures.

9/11 INSIDE JOB!

well.... then the eventually fucked of to TV accross the pond and then MTV... but for a while they were our Kennedys

I made a mess of my own point.

what I was kind of getting at is.. I understand people a shit load of money to stars to make the station competitive blah blah blah BUT where else would Pat Kenny go? TV3 i doubt it? TG4?? sure as shite he wouldn't be able to go outside of Ireland.

so why pay highly competitive slaries if not to bolster the RTE brand... it's such bullshit

what I was kind of getting at is.. I understand people a shit load of money to stars to make the station competitive blah blah blah BUT where else would Pat Kenny go? TV3 i doubt it? TG4?? sure as shite he wouldn't be able to go outside of Ireland.

so why pay highly competitive slaries if not to bolster the RTE brand... it's such bullshit

That's showbiz innit? And it's not a practice exclusive to RTE either tbf.

Pat Kenny works more than 11 hours a week. To say otherwise is pretty stupid. Not that hours matter though, really.

Also, Pat Kenny negotiated the price for his services through his company, because like most people who are highly regarded in their business, Pat Kenny is a freelancer. This means two things; the cost of hiring Pat Kenny for a year is €650,000, it doesn't mean that he get's €650,000 in take home pay. It also means that the true fault of him getting that sort of money rests with RTE management, not with Pat Kenny himself.

aaaaaanyway.......carry on everybody

Pat Kenny works more than 11 hours a week. To say otherwise is pretty stupid.

Just to clarify, I'm not saying the guy in the video is stupid, he was having a rant. I'm saying it's stupid for other people to be quoting that figure. So I'm actually insulting you, my fellow Thumped posters!
Just wanted to make that clear, so as I don't offend anyone. phew.

A MAN who launched a verbal attack on Pat Kenny on live television has defended his outburst and denied he is a racist.
Alan O'Brien, from Bluebell in Dublin, who has a previous conviction for racially abusing people on Grafton Street, launched a three-minute attack on Mr Kenny on Monday night's Frontline programme, describing him as a "hypocrite" who goes around "moralising and pontificating."
Mr Kenny was visibly surprised as Mr O'Brien shouted: "You don't have the moral right to stand for the people.
"It's you Pat Kenny who gets €600,000 a year for doing 11 hours a week and you have the indignity to speak about people on the social welfare."
Mr O'Brien has a conviction for incitement to hatred, relating to an incident on Grafton Street, Dublin, in December, 2006, when he shouted racist abuse on passers by.
The charge sheet in that case shows he shouted: "Black Bastards...Muslim...Islamic scum" at people on the street.
He was later convicted under incitement to hatred laws and given a three-month suspended jail term. He was also bound over to keep the peace for 12 months.
However, Mr O'Brien insisted yesterday: "I do not have a racist bone in my body.
"I have Islamic friends, I am not racist."
He said: "I was using very obvious insensitive things to see their reaction. And the reactions from some people were over the top. I was trying to get a reaction.
"Black bastards, Jews, Muslims, Greeks, it's all just words... and I am a white bastard."
Mr O'Brien, of Bernard Curtis House in Bluebell also has two other criminal convictions.
He was convicted of assault on a man in St James Hospital in Dublin in September, 2006. He was also convicted of criminal damage in relation to the same incident in the Jonathan Swift Clinic of the hospital, a mental health day unit.
He was given a three-month jail term, again suspended.
The former psychiatric patient, who said yesterday he is three-and-a-half years off medication and has been discharged from psychiatric care, insisted he has no regrets about ambushing Mr Kenny over his salary.
Mr Kenny is RTE's best paid presenter. He earned €950,976 last year. He has since taken a 25pc pay cut and volunteered a further 10pc which lowered his salary to €630,000.
Mr O'Brien denied his comments were a stunt and and said he used Mr Kenny's earnings "as a symbol of the excesses paid in RTE." He said he had only said "what everybody should have been screaming."
Mr O'Brien was also seen at protests last Friday, criticising union leader David Beggs and speaking out against wage levels paid to union officials.

courtesy of the herald

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/...man-who-berated-kenny-on-live-tv-1939408.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back