Partyline, Spider & the Webs + Medea, the Hub, 12th Nov 05 (2 Viewers)

hivemind

Partyline
(ex bratmobile)
Spider and the Webs
(ex bikini kill)
+
Medea

The Hub, Temple Bar, Saturday 12th November 2005,
€10 on the door, doors 8.30pm​

PARTYLINE
Out of the ashes of the Washington D.C suburban dude music scene crash the three ladies of Partyline! armed with politics, punk and a penchant for partying, they party on vigilantly against boredom, the Bush regime and body control! Girls with glasses, they'll squash you like a bug!

Partyline consist of singer Allison Wolfe (BRATMOBILE, COLD COLD HEARTS, HAWNAY TROOF etc), guitarist Angela Melkisethian (SAVAGE BOYS & GIRLS CLUB, CRUCIAL DEFECT, HOTT BEAT etc), and drummer Crystal Bradley (THE APPLICATORS, ATLANTA etc) and fuse partying and politics to perfection, nailing such hot topics as Ralph Nader ( Unsafe at Any Speed), brainy broads (Girls with Glasses), female trouble (No Romantic), and feeling trapped like a bug (Cicada Summer).

Discography:
'Girls With Glasses' CDEP, Retard Disco 2005

'Who Knows Who Cares?'/'Ladies Room' on split 7" with Spider And The Webs, Local Kid - out Oct 2005
(both distributed in Europe through Southern Records)

Links:
www.partlinedc.com
www.retarddisco.com
www.localkid.co.uk
www.southern.net

SPIDER AND THE WEBS
Formed in the summer of 2004 by Tobi Vail (FRUMPIES, BIKINI KILL, THE GO TEAM), James Maeda (SERUM GREYS, NOVEMBER WITCH, BOO-BOO) and Chris Sutton (C.O.C.O., DUB NARCOTIC SOUND SYSTEM, HORNET LEG), their sound, the result of many disparate factors is always minimal, peircing and melodic. As urgent and imediete as you'd expect, "spinning intersections between the past and the future to create the present. Spider and the Webs are NOW meets WOW".

Re-inspired to play guitar by nu post-punk groups like ERASE ERRATA, MELTDOWN and QUIX*O*TIC, Tobi's songwriting harken's back to her most musically innovative group, THE GO TEAM. Preferring the RAINCOATS, YOUNG MARBLE GIANTS and THE TELEVISION PERSONALITIES to the GANG OF FOUR, Tobi uses simplicity and starkness as punctuation, creating space for notes to be felt and rhythms heard. Her guitar playing is deliberately spare yet meticulous where James' is wild and eccentric, with a 1981 northwest punk/1966 psychedlic flavour - like RICKY ERICKSON meets GREG SAGE in a FIELD OF FLOWERS. All the while, Chris keeps the rhythms solid and driving yet simple, in a MODERN LOVERS/TRONICS kind of way, inciting dancers to chant and yell "SPIDER MAGIC!" until they fall on the floor, exhausted. The singing is classic Tobi Vail style, varying between SCREAMY SCREAMS and WHISPER-CORE. When they switch instruments it is clear their biggest influence is growing up in OLYMPIA, listening to the first BLACK FLAG single while looking at pictures of MARY WEIS.

Discography:
'Do You Really Wanna?' on limited CD compilation available at Yeah Fest, 2004

Cassette/CDR, Bumpidee, 2005
'Do You Really Wanna?'/'Bacon Achin'' on split 7" with Partyline, Local Kid - out Oct 2005
(7" distributed in Europe through Southern Records)

7"/CDEP, K Records - out Feb 2006

Links:
www.myspace.com/spiderandthewebs
www.bumpidee.com
www.localkid.co.uk
[URL="http://www.southern.net"]www.southern.net

MEDEA
Dublin grrrl rockin' goodness!

-----------------------------------
http://www.hivemindpromotions.com (site coming soon)
[email protected]
[/URL]

Let's just say a... friend of mine wants to get into this and is 16, but looks a wee bit older. Can she wink at the bouncers and get in?

trianglegrrrl said:
Let's just say a... friend of mine wants to get into this and is 16, but looks a wee bit older. Can she wink at the bouncers and get in?

There weren't any bouncers for Ladyfest, so your older-looking friend might
have to get in by winking at the Hive Mind ladies.

Of course, Temple Bar being the hen-night stag-night party destination that it is,
the venue might decide to protect the door on the night, depending on how much of
the meticulously cobblestoned streets nearby are decorated by technicolour yawns.

She shouldn't look like she has any interest in getting legless, if she looks to be
"within bullshitting distance" of legal age.

She'll need her legs anyway, to dance to Partyline.
Hell yeah! (and I've only ever heard 2 of their songs)

trianglegrrrl said:

depends on the bouncers...
i know at skinny wolves club in the hub some people were asked for id...

McGonagles said:
There weren't any bouncers for Ladyfest
I'd better qualify that...

I didn't see any bouncers on the door of The Hub. The few times that I stepped
outside or when I was walking in to the gigs each day, my wristband was checked
by Ladyfest staff.

There could well have been bouncers outside while I was inside waiting for
Americhord to Turn Up Ze Bass.

trianglegrrrl said:

I heard your friend hasnt even turned 16 yet! ;)

so when youre doing yer thang on stage did ye work out if youre going to be dancing left, left, right, high kick or right, right, left, high kick.
think you should get that sorted.
youve only got a month to get to get your choreography in order.
you should probably start making notes whilst watching the x factor.
see what you advice you can pick up.

poster for this fine event:

partyline.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back