parts of me that go 'click' (1 Viewer)

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Charley Horse - new phrase of the millennium for me.
yeah, i only heard it a couple of years ago as well...

as ever, i take wikipedia's word on all of this

In recent decades the term has also been used to describe painful leg cramps, which may occur in the quadriceps muscles or the arch of the foot, but most often affect the gastrocnemius and soleus muscles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charley_horse

tom. said:
do you get those middle-of-the-night arm/leg bloodflow incidents? where you sleep on your arm and then wake up and you can't feel it, and then you can slowly feel life returning to it? if i was writing a modernist novel, i reckon i could find a use for this as some kind of metaphor

Ah. The strangers hand. That's got more uses than you'd think.

Corey said:
Ah. The strangers hand. That's got more uses than you'd think.

my girlfriend woke up one night after sleeping on her arm and it had gone totally numb so when she got up to turn over, her arm suddenly came back to life and started to twitch and flail in the direction of her head and because she couldnt feel it she thought someone was attacking her.

fucking hilarious.

parts of me that click:

toes, ankles, kness, hips, lower spine, middle spine, ribcage, neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers

and eyes and ears and mouth and nose

ankles, hips, lower spine, middle spine, ribcage, neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, knees and toes, knees and toes.

Wavioli said:
parts of me that click:

toes, ankles, kness, hips, lower spine, middle spine, ribcage, neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers

ankles, hips, lower spine, middle spine, ribcage, neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers, knees and toes, knees and toes.

My tongue, it clacks.

frambosenshmak said:
my girlfriend woke up one night after sleeping on her arm and it had gone totally numb so when she got up to turn over, her arm suddenly came back to life and started to twitch and flail in the direction of her head and because she couldnt feel it she thought someone was attacking her.

fucking hilarious.

That's pretty much what the Exorcist is based on.

roxy said:
Lockjaw is a bacteria.

I'd imagine if a clicking jaw is bad it might be a sympton of lockjaw.

Or not, I really haven't a breeze about any of it.
dunno about this - i read about lockjaw after a recent post-cut-my-hand-open-tetanus shot - it is one fucking sad way to go. that's right, it's not just your jaw locking up, you die from it. die DEAD.

i grind my teeth and i push my tongue up against the roof of my mouth and against my teeth in my sleep and all of this has resulted in me havin a jaw locking thing..fuckin scared the shit out of me when it first happened..and it clicks like a mother fucker sometimes...its totally balls...

Hamilton Burger said:
All the time

Action sleeping - it's the new snowboarding.
it used to happen me a more a few years ago. it always struck me as a very neat, precise form of craziness. any old idiot can wake up on the floor, or in the kitchen, or in china, but to turn yourself completely around while asleep and not fall out of bed is, well, pretty impressive.

i'm amazed you can remember which way around you went to sleep. i sometimes try to remember. but then i forget. my brain goes click as it rolls around this big empty skull of mine. click click clickity click.

Wavioli said:
parts of me that click:

my word! when you run it must sound like someone having sex with a bag of marbles!

• elbows crack when stretching arms
  • knuckles & finger joints
  • shoulders
  • ankles which go POP when walking down the stairs in the morning
  • and the old reliable: me lower back. For best results, upon awakening, lie on left side, bend right leg & fold over left leg until spine cracks. Roll over & repeat with left leg
All occur in varying combinations of loud / pain, but my favourite by far is my neck. For instant stress relief, simply place palm of left hand on back of neck; cup chin in palm of right hand, then twist head from left to right for awesome crunchiness. I'm pretty sure if you googled that you'd get a website dedicated to disabling your opponent by breaking vertebrae, navy seal style.

Oh and sometimes i can crack my neck unassisted, like agent smith in the matrix. That's pretty cool, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back