Parents who dont let couples sleep in the same bed.. (2 Viewers)

Nope, not jealous or anti-Brit.

It's partly the fact that it's a one bedroom apartment so either I sleep on the aerobed in the sitting room or they do.

The fact that I don't know the boyfriend at all - and didn't invite either of them, although I did agree when it was just going to be her - doesn't help either.

It's not just about the riding (or potential riding).

Oh, and my Catholic query was meant as a joke, but thanks to all for your opinions. :rolleyes:

Actually, Flashback is right, next time my parents are in separate rooms and that's all there is to it!

When friends of mine stay I'd be wierded out if they were riding so I dont blame you for that. My sister had her 21st a couple of years ago, big party in our house.

I fell asleep early on... bit drunk. Woke up about six thirty place was clearly out. found everyone a bed and started tidying up. But one girl and a guy would not leave and the only bed I could find for them was our back room. Big mistake leaving them alone.

There were riding in our sitting room in our family home. Grossness!!! my sister sorted it as it was her friend plus I was raging and about to kill them. Girl kept denying anything was happening (they were under a cover) but it was obvious with her clothes all over the floor and a condom wrapper close by.

Parents never found out... mam was shocked at how tidy place was when she got up!!! She'd be upset forever if she ever did find out

I used to have two beds in my room so used the excuse that we stayed in seperate beds then would have to get up in the morning and "unmake" the second bed :p

Nope, not jealous or anti-Brit.

It's partly the fact that it's a one bedroom apartment so either I sleep on the aerobed in the sitting room or they do.

The fact that I don't know the boyfriend at all - and didn't invite either of them, although I did agree when it was just going to be her - doesn't help either.

It's not just about the riding (or potential riding).

Oh, and my Catholic query was meant as a joke, but thanks to all for your opinions. :rolleyes:

Actually, Flashback is right, next time my parents are in separate rooms and that's all there is to it!

Then its a practicality issue and has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion, no?

Cousins brought girlfriends/boyfriends from time to time and it was always separate rooms for them, even if my folks knew that they were living together or whatever.

Yep, it's a weird one. An English acquaintance of mine wants to come over to Dublin, with her latest fella in tow, and stay with me so I've had to think about this from a personal point of view. I decided that I wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of them sleeping together in my apartment, so they'll have to get a room elsewhere.

Does that make me Catholic?

At home there would be no questions of it happening - just no way it would have been allowed - no point asking.

Pete was right, their house their rules.

But there is a bit more to it than that, most people seem to think it is sily or quaint because everyone knows they are sleepng together elsewhere. Fine. But look at it this way why would you as a guest in someones house feel you had a right to get in a strop cause they refused to let you do something they felt uncomfortable with - for whatever reason; religuous convictions; dislike of noise; nice sheets; whatever. Sounds pretty self involved to me.

Also, I usen't to have a problem if my sister and her boyfriend stayed together when we in the same house. On night her and the boyfriend had a row and yet at the end of the night the two of them head off together to the bedroom. I was pretty livid.

After that I said no way - in future If I'm around seperate beds. Saves me having to break anyones jaw i something like that happens again.

It also means any boyfriend is a little afraid of me - which is important.

Also, I usen't to have a problem if my sister and her boyfriend stayed together when we in the same house. On night her and the boyfriend had a row and yet at the end of the night the two of them head off together to the bedroom. I was pretty livid.

After that I said no way - in future If I'm around seperate beds. Saves me having to break anyones jaw i something like that happens again.

I don't get the connection here or what your trying to say...
you were livid they had a fight while you were there..or livid they made up quicke and went off to bed...so you assumed 'make up sex'... would you have prefered if he slept on the couch/out with the dog...
Your okay with them sleeping together in general, so I don't get it what had changed... couples fights sometimes...or did I miss a detail

I don't get the connection here or what your trying to say...
you were livid they had a fight while you were there..or livid they made up quicke and went off to bed...so you assumed 'make up sex'... would you have prefered if he slept on the couch/out with the dog...
Your okay with them sleeping together in general, so I don't get it what had changed... couples fights sometimes...or did I miss a detail

They didn't make up just wanderered off together with 2 miserable heads on them like neither of them wanted to be there.

An yeah given the circumstances I would have prefereed he slept out with the dog.

And presumably their "discussion" continued with you out of the way, and everything was fine by the time they went off hand-in-hand to the Land of Nod.

I really don't understand why you were angry

Hard to explain why.
I guess I felt he was being presumptuous as if he had a right to be there regardless of the fight.

why, in ireland, does being in the same bad mean people are having sex?

why are irish people so neurotic about sex?

why do brothers feel the need to control sisters?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back