Pancake Tuesday (2 Viewers)

bastards

It's really hard to get real maple syrup

we have a bottle of Lyles "Maple Syrup flavour" syrup

Alas ..i had no pancakes to put it on anyway

yep i think them canuck schmucks have an export ban on the quality stuff. Had a bottle smuggled out of toronto by an intrepid buddy!ninjaaaa ,that was the purloined item mentioned earlier

oh those baci things are gorgeous!I could eat a box every day from now until I die.However I'm off chocolate for Lent so I shall do without:)

mmmmmmhhhmm we had savoury ones with butter, garlic, spinach, shallots all cooked up together in butter and pepper with cherry tomatoes and cheddar melted through, served with more cheese, ballymaloe paedo relish and raw cherry tomatoes( and lots of pepper!). yum. then lemon, butter sugar ones for after!

sooo good!

I was really sick on wednesday morning with stomach cramps due to the heroic amount of pancakes I consumed on Tuesday. I now understand why by law jesus only lets us have them once a year.

Lidl also stock maple syrup, I think.

Have a bottle of LIDL maple syrup-like most of ther products tis quite adequate and bang for buck quotient is as reasonable as can be expected. I don't have asweet tooth fixation but the real canadian stuff is quite stunning once you've got a taste for it.no one is gonna steal LIDL maple syrup from your gaff.

What the fuck? I remember the hype around this day when I was younger. Intense marketing campaigns for Jif Lemon and the like. Now...nothing. Ireland's fucked if we can't get psyched about pancakes.

Kids are over-sexed these days cos of the Celtic Tiger Culture.
In previous times pop-singers, would often launch pancake awareness campaigns rather than go fucking mental like Spears, Winehead, et al.

Had pancakes this year for the first time in ages - note to self, they are fucking delicious with a bit of honey and vanilla ice-cream.

Pancakes! I just ate two with a mere squeeze of lemon and they were delicious.

Thinking about making boxty with a filling. Have mince beef and mince pork. Are there any rules about what you can or can't eat on this Tuesday?
Sorry, for the the stupid question. I've never been a Catholic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back