Pajo's Junkbox (1 Viewer)

lurlow said:
In fourth class we were shown a special educational video starring Pajo. It was about not letting strangers touch your mickey/flange. Anyone remember this?

I think I remember this. Wasn't there a rap called "Don't Talk To Strangers"?

nlgbbbblth said:
Prior to it, Anything Goes started in 1980 and ran until 1985 or 1986.

I think Pajo's Junkbox ran from 1987 to 1990 or 1991.

Excellent stuff. The Failte Roimhe café !

pajos junkbox proper, with the professor etc ran from 87-?
by 90-91 it was pajo and the salty frog.
do you remember the christmas song?

'and we'll wash our socks for christmas, and we'll sing our christmas song. Cause santa wont deliver, if our christmas stockings pong. he'll be eating {something} [something], turkey legs and bowls of jelly, and he'll fill our socks with lots of gifts, but not if they are smelly!!'

and i cry like a child for the past.....

Be the Hokey said:
Was Pajo RTE's answer to Roland Rat?
Anything Goes was fairly good, especially your one with her DIY segment - make a telescope out of a used toilet roll type stuff!
Nggbblth, were you the person who told the story about your older brother or someone ringing up Angus McNally live on telly and calling him names?!

It was my neighbour's older brother that did it.

papam.jpg

nlgbbbblth said:
Prior to it, Anything Goes started in 1980 and ran until 1985 or 1986.

I think Pajo's Junkbox ran from 1987 to 1990 or 1991.

Excellent stuff. The Failte Roimhe café !

JohnnyRaz said:

'and we'll wash our socks for christmas, and we'll sing our christmas song. Cause santa wont deliver, if our christmas stockings pong. he'll be eating {something} [something], turkey legs and bowls of jelly, and he'll fill our socks with lots of gifts, but not if they are smelly!!'

i can confirm that pajos junkbox was running at least as early as 1986. i'd like to see pats hat and pats chat again.

Haha.

I think it was, "we'll be eating plates of pudding, turkey legs..."

Oh the memories - Peig agus Peadar on recollection was gas - Peadar was always trying to get her attention by repetitively saying her name until she replied with, "What is it now, Peadar?". His request was usually benign and silly.

Those were the days.

Studio-based programmes did not fare so well however. A lot of Anything Goes has been wiped and presumably the same fate has met Pajo's Junkbox.

back when i was a kid RTE made a timecapsule and put random stuff in t from the time, we were told the tapes for Pajo's Junkbox were in there too. the time capsule was locked away in Dublin Castle to be released in 2000 for the Millenium... this never happened and it made me sad

God I loved Pajo's junkbox. But I used to be an early bird and have to sit through Sesame Street first? Would that be right? Pretty sure I was young enough to like watching the Muppet Babies (which was Muppets when they were young).
I think CHIPS used to be on after Pajo's junkbox.

I didn't really like the Pajo bit of the programming but I liked the programmes that were on it.

Aw, Saturday's in the country!

God I loved Pajo's junkbox. But I used to be an early bird and have to sit through Sesame Street first? Would that be right? Pretty sure I was young enough to like watching the Muppet Babies (which was Muppets when they were young).
I think CHIPS used to be on after Pajo's junkbox.

I didn't really like the Pajo bit of the programming but I liked the programmes that were on it.

Aw, Saturday's in the country!

jaysus, you're showin yer age there!

I remember that though. Muppet Babies was on at 8:30am, just before Pajo's JunkBox, which wasn't great really, but you had to watch it because that was kids TV, and you had to watch whatever RTE put on.

Until Sky came along and had Fun Factory. Then there was choice (unless you had BBC with that Mike Reed saturday morning show, the name of which escapes me).

Remember Anything Goes used to get real serious around 12. Dave Heffernan took over and he'd bring on scruffy musicians and talk about music. 8 year old me was not impressed by thatl.

Aonghus McAnally was the guitarist for Mushroom.

Just thought... his name suggests his sexual preferences

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back