Overrated Albums thread .....(with a twist) (1 Viewer)

Well I started the thumped Double Nickels on the Dime appreciation thread. In your face.:p

Well I guess that means you must like it more than me then. What other threads have you started ? Is there a biography I could get my hands on ?

Well I guess that means you must like it more than me then. What other threads have you started ? Is there a biography I could get my hands on ?

Well I wouldn't wanna say I like it more than anyone else. Be the holy christ terror is also a big minutemen fan afaik.

View profile-> all threads started by moose

Have you got the 33 1/3 book on the album? I haven't yet.

ok lets have a thunped version of that article on over-rated albums that someone else posted ( http://music.guardian.co.uk/rock/story/0,,2102991,00.html ).....

{but for a neat twist why don't we try to pick apart albums that we actually like?}

I'll get the ball rolling.....

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
A reservoir of reverb, a few fx pedals, airy wordless vocalising and some clumsily sampled drum breaks (cause yr drummer's sick from eating drugs and living in a squat) do not make a classic album.

Was sent his today in work with the same question. My answer was kinda Loveless but I don't pretend to hate because I don't get it, I just wonder sometimes why its so universally adored when I only find it mildly interesting.

My one would have to be Back In The U.S.A. by MC5. Seriously, they are fucking shit. Really shit. Don't get it at all.

theres some nice sounds on that album

you're not wrong, i posted it as a joke but theres a song called do you feel loved and the production on it sounds cool.
their supposed to be re-releasing that album done the way they wanted it cause it was a rushed job due to tour commitments.
now, lets never speak of u2 again.

charlie buckets review of spiderland makes it sound DEADLY! slow jazz sabbath!

arcade fire.
both albums.
yer man's voice gets more irratating each time.

35503qeve_w.jpg

rumours%202.jpg

Rumours?NOnonononono that just aint true

Bingle babies-trash heap on a average baby

Its a stupid stupid album

my drunken 2c - Arcade Fire - Neon Bible; when the gf played this for me, I thought that if it was a debut album you never would have heard anything about the band. Pity it wasn't. "Funeral", even though I don't like it, I can see how it would appeal to people who are ever-so-slightly too cool for U2.

Loveless and Spiderland - you have severe musical retardation if you don't include these in your "best albums of the 90's" top 20. Not that I have such a list.

my drunken 2c -

Loveless and Spiderland - you have severe musical retardation if you don't include these in your "best albums of the 90's" top 20. Not that I have such a list.

fuck yeah dude!!

isis, mastadon, any of that angsty tech metal stuff is over rated.

Marvin Gaye - What's Going On? : Apart from Inner City Blues I don't see what the big deal is.

Skippin to the end here*

Screamadelica is the most overrated album of all time

*so sorry if it was already mentioned

Songs in the Key of Life by Stevie Wonder: what a load of righteous loved up crap. If he wasn't so busy doing Coolio and Will Smith covers he might learn to write something half-credible. Cacophonous brass sections, tinny titty hi-hats and a waily black man do not a great record make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back