Other Voices 2005 Lineup (1 Viewer)

simp

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 10:42:08 -1000
Subject: St. James' concerts, Other Voices, Songs From a Room

> The Fourth Series of Other Voices, Songs from a Room, will be filmed for RTE Television in Dingle, County Kerry from December 9th through the 16th.

>
> Over the last three years over 80 musical acts have gathered in the most westerly point of Europe and performed before an audience of only 70 people in the 200 year old St James' Church in Dingle, County Kerry. In a region steeped in tradition that has long attracted musicians and artists from different disciplines, cutting-edge artists have gathered at the most westerly point of Europe and created an exciting mix of modern sounds and new voices.

>
> Building on the success of the past three years, this December from the 9th until the 16th, we're doing it all again as musicians from various backgrounds and traditions travel to Dingle, County Kerry to celebrate the sounds and styles of Irish music and voices. Presented again this year by John Kelly, the shows will feature performances by The Waterboys, James Blunt, Horslips, and many others.

>
> Other Voices, Songs from a Room will bring together, in one town and in one venue an unmissable opportunity to witness the developing sound of Irish music as it echoes out from the west of Ireland.

We are now ready to take e-mail reservations. There will only be 60 tickets sold per night. Seats will be reserved in the order that I receive e-mail reservations. After receiving your reservation I will e-mail you back with payment instructions. Payment will be by cheque or Paypal (no credit cards). Tickets will be 25 euros each, 45 for 2 nights, 65 for 3 nights, and 20 each for 4 or more nights. There will be a waiting list for tickets and you will be notified by e-mail if you are on the waiting list. Please note that you will be expected to be at all four of the performances for each night and we cannot guarantee to hold your reserved seat or have a seat for you at all if you don't show up on time for each performance. The shows will begin at 8 PM.

Friday 9th December
Laura Cantrell
Vyvienne Long
The Walls
(another act to be announced)

Saturday 10th December
Pinky
Humanzi
José González
The Waterboys

Sunday 11th December
Miriam Ingram
Stephen Fretwell
I am Kloot
Elbow

Monday 12th December
Stars
Horslips
Trashcan Sinatras

Tuesday 13th December
Julie Feeney
Martha Wainwright
Rufus Wainwright
James Blunt

Wednesday 14th December
Iarla O'Lionaird
Jape
Alabama 3

Thursday 15th December
Matt Lunson
The Immediate
Hal
Bellx1

Friday 16th December
Delorentos
Dave Couse

> Thank you - Steve Coulter

[email protected]

tally ho chaps....do you think if i try to chat up martha wainwright she'll set her brother on me? I went to public school so i'd be used to a bit of the gay...

im really glad bands like delorentos and the immediate are in there. Not even that familiar with their music but what ive heard ive liked enough and giving bands that havn't even broken the UK a chance to prove themselves live on the box can only be good in my opinion.

c'mon you didn't think there was ever gonna be a chance of OAK or Large Mound playing this did ya?

that'd be crackin all the same

clonan attack said:
c'mon you didn't think there was ever gonna be a chance of OAK or Large Mound playing this did ya?

Large Mound would have played on Jo Maxi if it was still around.

Tuesday 13th December
Martha Wainwright
Rufus Wainwright

This looks ok, but jesus.. this is actually getting more bland as it goes along. wow. Anyone ever watch it?

Monkey said:
Martha Wainwright
Rufus Wainwright

Should be good.
where've you bin, monkey?
listening to the wainwrights?
feeling old.
i hear ya.

Alabama 3 are without doubt actually one of the worst bands i've ever heard. they are like a shit kid loco and even he's bollox.

lugs.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back