Opal Fruits (or Starburst to you heathens) (1 Viewer)

Evil Lizzie

The other day wils wating for a train I purchased a packet of opal fruits from a vending machine. As I crammed sweet after sweet into my salavating maw I noticed tha lack of yellow semi-cubes in my bag - further inspection turned up no yellow ones at all!!! A quick inspection of the ingridents and product info on the back also contained no trace of teh elusive lemony sweeties! Wher'd they go? I always thought the strapline was Strawberry, orange, Lemon and lime

we should all write letters of complaint - and have them change the name back!! it worked with kellogs after the whole coco pops debacle and the marshmallow bits in the riceicles dilemma!!

nice! I always discard the purple and red ones and just eat the citrus flavoured ones. Spake o which, tropical skittles are the business.

We should set up some kind of exchange programme. I really don't like yellow or orange in Opals or Fruit Gums. Love love love them red black and greens. Unfortunately so does all my family so Christmas can get a bit rowdy around selection -bocks time.

it's like when you get a box o roses and everyone eats them all, except for those gross little barrel ones. But yes, erasmus programme for citrus / berry flavoured sweeties should be arranged. I shall keep all mine in a sweaty plastic bag which I will leave on my desk in the office, 'neath the lights and beside the fan heater and next time I see you, I will hand them over! Delicious.

I wonder if they will do a line of extra large opal fruits/starburst like Quality Street (or was it Roses) did with 'the purple ones'. So if you like yellow ones you can buy one massive yellow one.

Muscle Beach said:
purple tastes nicer than yellow. down with green!
how can you be angry at LIME??? what an amazing fruit.

lime.jpg

kirstie said:
it's like when you get a box o roses and everyone eats them all, except for those gross little barrel ones. But yes, erasmus programme for citrus / berry flavoured sweeties should be arranged. I shall keep all mine in a sweaty plastic bag which I will leave on my desk in the office, 'neath the lights and beside the fan heater and next time I see you, I will hand them over! Delicious.
the barrels are class! Its the other things your hinking of, yeh know, the horrible ones. Yeh, those ones... :confused:

we can but ask.

actually I was baffled by those large purple ones. They're another that always languishes at the bottom of the McDermott family Roses tin, until someones greed overtakes their apathy towards purple wrapped roses.

kirstie said:
we can but ask.

actually I was baffled by those large purple ones. They're another that always languishes at the bottom of the McDermott family Roses tin, until someones greed overtakes their apathy towards purple wrapped roses.
I despair.

Your family must be the polar opposite to ours. WHATS WRONG WITH CARAMEL, HAH? HAH?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back