Only Until Looking for Gigs (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Cara
  • Start date
  • Replies 76
  • Views 6K
  • Watchers 4

Cara

Hi,

Only Until... are a three piece from London, been compared to Pelican/Mogwai/Funeral Diner.

You can listen here www.myspace.com/onlyuntil

Anyway, they're lovely boys, and they were looking to play some dates in Ireland, maybe in August.

If anyone was interested, or knew ayone who might be interested, or could even point me in the direction of where to look in terms of finding them some gigs, that would be immense.

Thanks

Hi,

Anyway, they're lovely boys, and they were looking to play some dates in Ireland, maybe in August.

they're rocking men of steel!!!!

Found this review..... :

Only Until, a gem of a band from London present their debut cd and man is it something. Swirling guitars in the TRUE emo/screamo vain - it all strikes me in a way i have'nt been stroked since i was fanatical about Tristeza (early stuff), Providence Union (That Die Me Infinity album of there's is STILL classic buddy) and Czech masters Wawee (one of my Fav bands ever) who morphed into a similiar sounding Point (another great band we distribute).Pulsating instrumentals with dreamy bouts of guitar deleving into Envy like screams here and there - vocals are killer, music is heads above alot of standard stuff out now For fans of the aforementioned bands, Mogwai and classic 90's sonic rock. Nice digi pack - True D.I.Y. foundations. CHECK THESE GUYS OUT.

BUY THE ALBUM HERE

Erm, sorry! There are also good reviews of that album on thier myspace, that weren't written by people who stand to gain financially from it.

theres enough junk bands invadin our limited stage space for punk bands in ireland so...

MORE PUNK

LESS JUNK

that's not true, plenty of people here are into music like that, if they're looking for diy gigs then it shouldn't be up to a handful of people who only want music you can pogo to discourage them from getting gigs through this board.

The label on the tin says,
"Irish Punk and Hardcore...EIRECORE"

If you start having too much "non" stuff on this forum the real "stuff" won't bother advertising gigs on here from overseas.
As I said General is normally where this type of music is advertised.

Janer can't actually pogo!! :eek:

He told me himself!! :cool:

But besides all that, the Noolster has a point. Once a band has D.I.Y. ethics they're pretty punk regardless of what lo-fi unoffensive racket they make with their drums and guitars or whistles or whatever you kids are into these days.

The fact remains that bands of such ilk were posting here long before you turned up Jan-boy, tis sad but true!

Listen to Judas Priest!!

.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back