only 550 yoyos to see Barbara Streisnad! (1 Viewer)

what I can't understand is when people get world famous and ultra rich they charge more money for shows even though they're already insanely rich and popular and don't need any more fame, money etc. I just don't understand it...

oh wait. greed. ah...

actually, if people want to pay €550 to see her, (or anyone else for that matter), then they're stupid enough to waste that money. of course they'll be sure to easily afford it. money can't buy taste I suppose!

but then, who am I to judge?

what I can't understand is when people get world famous and ultra rich they charge more money for shows even though they're already insanely rich and popular and don't need any more fame, money etc. I just don't understand it...

oh wait. greed. ah...

actually, if people want to pay €550 to see her, (or anyone else for that matter), then they're stupid enough to waste that money. of course they'll be sure to easily afford it. money can't buy taste I suppose!

but then, who am I to judge?

i was discussing these tickets with a colleague last week and she had read somewhere that barbara has expensive tickets because she doesnt want crowds of random people coming along - she wants to try and attract only a certain type of person to her performances. i imagine she means only wealthy people but perhaps she feels that pricey tickets will ensure that only serious fans will turn up and sit there enraptured by her singing.

So it's her massive yet delicate ego that's driving up ticket prices? Balls to that, I say. Balls to that.

Anyone know anyone who's shelling out for this one-off chance at an aural assault? Personally, I thought she was dead or in movies or something.

maybe we should all chip in for a ticket (or maybe pete might buy it out of the thumped petty cash) and send along a representative from thumped to be disgraceful / cause a scene/ upset barbara

The chances are whoever we send will secretly enjoy the concert hugely, and send flowers backstage to Babs. I know that's what I'd do.

Although we could send Diddles to kick fuck out of her.

i was discussing these tickets with a colleague last week and she had read somewhere that barbara has expensive tickets because she doesnt want crowds of random people coming along - she wants to try and attract only a certain type of person to her performances.
Jews.

http://www.nme.com/news/barbra-streisand/28521

Barbra Streisand has been asked to cancel her concert in Rome next month due to high ticket prices, consumer groups in Italy have said.

The Adusbef and Codacons groups urged the city and the Italian Olympic Committee to deny the singer use of the Stadio Flaminio on June 15.

Prices ranging from 150 Euros (£100) to more than 900 euros (£600) were "absurd and shameful," the groups said.

The 24,000 seat stadium "is public property and cannot be used for immoral deals that are shameful to a civilized country," Adusbef and Codacons said.

Organisers of the concert were not available for comment.

The singer will be accompanied by a 58-piece orchestra on her month-long European tour, which includes concerts in Austria, France, Ireland and the UK.

Tickets for the her first date at London's O2 Arena sold out in 20 minutes despite costing between £100 and £600, reports BBC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back