On Your Walls (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
I need some ideas for stuff to hang on my apartment walls.

At the moment I just have old record covers (This Mortal Coil etc) and the odd cd cover/ inserts. Me Ma would kill me if I resorted to posters....

Maybe plain walls with a single mirror is the way to go?

BobMarley.jpg

Maps are a cool wall decoration. Form and function. Plus when you get old you can get drunk and rip them down in a fit of "i'm too old to travel now anyways so what's the point" rage...

buy some prints or even posters, but put them in a glass hangy frame thingy. they look well.

or,

draw dirty pictures on your wall /

write some smut in tiny writing for any guests that be fortunate to read it /

go for the 'dirty-protest' approach after many pints of guinness

Lord Damian said:
Maps are a cool wall decoration. Form and function. Plus when you get old you can get drunk and rip them down in a fit of "i'm too old to travel now anyways so what's the point" rage...

I actually used to have an old treasure island style map with burnt edges. It sadly got wrecked by cheap red wine and had to go...

Art.com is good for different kinds of posters - jazz photos, artwork, mugshots, things like that. A good frame on one of them makes it look classy.

i'm seriously thinking about redecorating my bedroom walls in the style of the teenage me - Maiden posters, pics of crazy doods on BMX's doing wild shit, and a big crocheted butterfly.

Jimcorr said:
I need some ideas for stuff to hang on my apartment walls.

At the moment I just have old record covers (This Mortal Coil etc) and the odd cd cover/ inserts. Me Ma would kill me if I resorted to posters....

Maybe plain walls with a single mirror is the way to go?

you gotta get one of those "take me to you dealer" alien posters

like this
lgmp0013.jpg

only then is your room really cool like

you could buy some original art by young local artists? would work out cheap, and could be an investment. and usually more interesting than a mirror.

the best thing we have on our walls, and the thing most likely to be worth actual money is a framed portrait of Neil drawn by DC Berman in biro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back