OM - Twisted Pepper, 27th September (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 45
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 4
From Umack's Facebook:

ROUGH SET TIMES FOR TOMORROW NIGHT
Om 9.30 - 10.45
Dead Skeletons 8.15 - 9.15
Fallen Rule 7.30 - 8.00

Well this was pretty great. The lad from Lichens really added to it.

the band before were shite

I actually had to leave after a couple of songs they were annoying me so much. The place seemed to have cleared out a fair bit when I came back after they finished - a good few people must have left after them.

I actually had to leave after a couple of songs they were annoying me so much. The place seemed to have cleared out a fair bit when I came back after they finished - a good few people must have left after them.

Thank fuck they did. i watched a few songs and the crowd was mad chatty for them.

Dead Skeletons? They were great, possibly better than OM. Though OM were much better than the last time I saw them with this new member.

Yeah Dead Skeletons were shite. Yer man was a talentless poser. The band weren't bad but just the whole affair was let down by the tv focal point and tosser annoying front man. Didn't know Gib from Elastic Witch played guitar for them either :D

Om were deadly. Great sound and yeah the lichens lad really added to the show overall. Went to catch Bats after in Fibbers after...... They were great!
and When the sound get so good in Fibbers?

Dying this morning

I found OM a bit under-whelming. Didn't really take off for me at all. As for Dead Skeletons, I can't take a guy seriously when he something that looks like a minature tent stuck to the back of his head.

Was completely underwhelmed by this gig. Dead Skeletons were a slightly darker sounding Brian Jonestown Massacre but without the tunes. One chord songs or cool and all, but ya gotta do something with it. Om were very disapponting too I felt. Sound was mixed like the sound engineer had never mixed a 3-piece before. Loadsa drums and not enough bass. I ended up putting hearplugs in, not because it was loud (it wasn't), but just so I could hear the bass a bit better. Got a little bit better towards the end though. Dude from Lichens was deadly when he was doing the voice stuff but any time he touched that keyboard it turned into new-age cheese.

Was completely underwhelmed by this gig. Dead Skeletons were a slightly darker sounding Brian Jonestown Massacre but without the tunes. One chord songs or cool and all, but ya gotta do something with it. Om were very disapponting too I felt. Sound was mixed like the sound engineer had never mixed a 3-piece before. Loadsa drums and not enough bass. I ended up putting hearplugs in, not because it was loud (it wasn't), but just so I could hear the bass a bit better. Got a little bit better towards the end though. Dude from Lichens was deadly when he was doing the voice stuff but any time he touched that keyboard it turned into new-age cheese.

It's like we went to different gigs in the same venue. I thought Dead Skeletons were great fun, not sure I would have liked a full set of them but definitely were good craic as a support. The band on first, however, were like a shitter Snow Patrol. Fucking gick.

Om blew my mind. This was my third time seeing them but the first since Chris left and they were easily as good as they were around the time Conference of the Birds came out. I thought the sound was bang on where I was standing, I could feel the bass and hear the rest. I thought the keyboard sounded perfect for the vibe they're going for, it reminds me of the keyboards you hear on Omar Souleyman and other Sublime Frequencies records. Far from cheese, new age or not, in my ears. I wish I was going to see them again tonight.

A skeleton by its inherent nature is dead, never alive. Lose the adjective.

No, a skeleton is an integral part of a living organism. Your skeleton right now is covered in flesh but the bones themselves are also alive, otherwise they would not heal when you fracture them. A dead skeleton would be just the calcified matter left with all the osteoblasts, marrow, etc. rotted away.

It's split mainly between Om fans wondering who the fuck these Dead Skeletons lads were and Dead Skeletons fans wondering who the fuck these Om lads are. I'm into both and enjoyed both on the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back