Olly sets his sights on number one (1 Viewer)

Robbie Analog said:
Do you actually own this? I'm sure it must be terrible. Some NME wannabe band called The Others have released a single called Stan Bowles and dedicated it to Pete Doherty. QPR taking over the pop charts as well as the championship!!

No. reports suggest its really awful even for a football song but apparently selling well so maybe olly on top of the pops.

kevin gallen said:
No. reports suggest its really awful even for a football song but apparently selling well so maybe olly on top of the pops.
Maybe we should try and get him over to do a PA at ladyfest, I'm sure they would love the content of this song heheh.

Shittu said:
hmmm, its coming out on poptones. It might actually be ok.
I'm listening to it now, its actually OK, english indie, with a refrain of 'Staaann Booooooooowwlless, QPR, 1975' so its making me smile.

Its actually about Pete Doherty, who wrote a QPR fanzine when he was 15 or something.

hello.

don't suppose either or both of you would be on for looking at qpr vs stoke in a pub on friday evening?? it seems to be the only thing that's on on friday, sporting wise, so i would imagine some pub or another will show it. we can say we're stoke fans or something. that iqpr bunch of loonies will probably be going to fraziers, but it will probably be awkward silence city in fairness.

i mean, how bad can it be?

regards.

I'll was planning on heading to fraziers, simply because I know it will be a hassle trying to find a pub showing the game on a friday night. I very rarely converse with the iqpr mob cos my mate donagh comes with me and we just sit at the back, watch the game then head off. But if you know of somewhere that is showing the game then I'm all for different options!

But we are going to get shit on by those stoke cunts so maybe I'll just not bother....

UnIt SevEn said:
hello.

don't suppose either or both of you would be on for looking at qpr vs stoke in a pub on friday evening?? it seems to be the only thing that's on on friday, sporting wise, so i would imagine some pub or another will show it. we can say we're stoke fans or something. that iqpr bunch of loonies will probably be going to fraziers, but it will probably be awkward silence city in fairness.

i mean, how bad can it be?

regards.

Why all the QPR worship in this country? I'm not "having a go", just asking. I have two uncles and one cousin who all profess a love for them and they can't remember how it started.

I mean, what?! How did it all happen?!

TheDonnasTurn21 said:
I mean, what?! How did it all happen?!

Its due to the huge Irish community in West London, and then when people return they have an affinity with the rrrrrrr's.

Stan Bowles said:
Its due to the huge Irish community in West London, and then when people return they have an affinity with the rrrrrrr's.

not to worry re fraziers'. i might chance the local down the road. there is absolutely nothing else on footie wise on friday evening, so i reckon i have a good chance.

it's good that it's a home game alright. means we have some chance. last year we had a home record comparable to arsenal, albeit two divisions lower. ah, the glory days.

what did ye think of ollie's latest quote? it was something along the lines of "things are going so bad that if i fell into a barrell of boobs, i'd probably come out sucking my thumb".

we seem to be back to a full enough strength squad, by which i mean the team sheet has mostly familiar names. it'll be nice to see them on the telly anyway.

cheers.

I remember when Man City were playing in Division 2 for the 1998/99 season.
Trying to find pubs that were showing the games (Friday/Monday) wasn't easy.
Humphreys Ranelagh offered the best chance.

I remember watching them get thrashed 3-0 by Fulham early that season (Fulham eventually finished top), being the only person in the pub watching the game.

:(

nlgbbbblth said:
I remember when Man City were playing in Division 2 for the 1998/99 season.
Trying to find pubs that were showing the games (Friday/Monday) wasn't easy.
Humphreys Ranelagh offered the best chance.

I remember watching them get thrashed 3-0 by Fulham early that season (Fulham eventually finished top), being the only person in the pub watching the game.

:(

I watched the last 20 on my own on friday. Also watched the whole of the gillingham game a while ago on my own in graces rathmines. Yer fucked if a group of people decide they wanna watch something else

kevin gallen said:
I watched the last 20 on my own on friday. Also watched the whole of the gillingham game a while ago on my own in graces rathmines. Yer fucked if a group of people decide they wanna watch something else

they showed it in my local, god bless them.

it was great stuff. i thought cook played really well. got in a few great runs and all that. it was a pity rowlands wasn't playing, especially with brian kerr in the stands. gordon strachan was there too. bit worrying that. i thought it was a good performance though. padula was shit and one or two others, but the philopsopy was good. they seemed to be trying to pass (as opposed to lob) their way from midfield to attack and at least attempted to do the crisp passing game, i think. i must say i quite enjoyed it. thought furlong had a good game and rose made an excellent tackle towards the end too. didn't think a whole lot of davies, but maybe he just needs time to acclimatise.

that taggart guy is one fat footballer. and he played the whole match. maybe stoke should think about getting maradonna out of retirement if taggart ever packs it in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back