OK, Thesis Me (1 Viewer)

ronan

Since 2000
anyway, has anyone heard that new band THESIS ME?

are they any good?

now mugwump, don't go tryin to alter my quote into some ridiculous attempt by myself to seek angles for a thesis.

cuz it just wouldn't do for someone in the anthropology department to see that now, would it?
modify at yr leisure...

ronan (19 Mar, 2002 09:08 a.m.):
alright.

em, about a year ago i was assigned a thesis for Anthropology.
right, so here i am a year later with absolutely nothing done.
right.
i never gave my proposal, missed the draft date and have never consulted my supervisor.
check.
and its due in a matter of weeks (4).

ok, i know i'm winging it here, but seeing as i won't get to spend the summer on some remote island interfering with the natives, it looks like its gonna have to be on the 'Independent Music Scene'.

anybody got any ideas of angles i could take?
seriously.
any help would be appreciated.

thanks

having done anthropology myself and having lived with anthropology students doing their thesis in the past, i suggest that you make the whole thing up...it worked for me and my flat mates (one guy fabricated his whole thesis - alcohol use within univeristies or summit and he got a first)...one question...does the name Jamie Saris mean anything to you ?

dusty (19 Mar, 2002 12:04 p.m.):
does the name Jamie Saris mean anything to you ?

he is the most evil boring man in the entire world...are we talking bout the same guy?

looks like that jon lovitz cartoon character 'The Critic' crossed with Jay Leno?

yes.

I'm going to lose all social kudos here. I know Jamie and I know he can be a bit tight on schedules and goes on a bit in lectures, but he's really sound.
But anyway Ronan, I'm off work for a few days and I might be popping back down to Maynooth in the next couple of days. If you like I can give you a hand. One of my old housemates did a anthropology thesis on music so he might have some stuff to cover theory and all that malarky. If you can get your hands on Fintan Vallely he would be useful. I'll send you an e-mail with my number.....

midfield general (19 Mar, 2002 02:44 p.m.):
I'm going to lose all social kudos here. I know Jamie and I know he can be a bit tight on schedules and goes on a bit in lectures, but he's really sound.

no, i've nothing against jamie, i don't know him at all.
i was only at 1 of his lectures this year, but i think i had him in 1st year.

this is all my own fault really.
any help is much appreciated.
thanks midfield general/billygannon.

...and mugwump, did you get my private message re: lactose adept?

snakybus (19 Mar, 2002 02:49 p.m.):
Say, do any of you Maynooth anthropology people know Phil McCormack?

Just wonerdin loike

we were in the same year together...ah jaysus this brings back memories...and Jamie Saris is alright...he is probably the moist intelligent man i have ever met. He knows fucking everything. his only problem is that he can't communicate in a non-genius manner. Somebody once asked him a question in a lecture along the lines of "what does this mean" and his answer was...
"Look into your own transparental nexus" * ...just like that...poor fella didn't know what to say.

*no bullshit

Phil MCC's my bruver and he still works part time with Jamie and the likes......anthropologist by night style

I used to hang out in the roost there and join in and jerk off to their discussions a la iconographic blah blah....felt very much the faker's faker.

I did once ask Jamie "could you Dumb it down a shade there brainstein". He laughed, he's a nice guy...very interesting.

snakybus (19 Mar, 2002 04:23 p.m.):
rumpus (19 Mar, 2002 04:11 p.m.):
Phil MCC's my bruver and he still works part time with Jamie and the likes......anthropologist by night style

What, you're Phil's brother? no way!

You don't look at all like him.

feck off snaky or I'll rearrange your nexus

I remember myself and a friend asked Larry Taylor (the new professor there): "So Larry, do you...ahem...smoke at all?".... ah! the memories....

yeah hes not that bad as a person but his essays are bollocks hard and he uses far too many big words for one person...but hey maybe im just jealous:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back