OFWGKTA (1 Viewer)

As an oblique aside (and this can go largely ignored by the majority), we've recently slalomed unknowingly into the sphere that is largely known as 'Hip-Hop', or so it has been said. There hasn't been much occasion to out this heretofore, but seeing as some people on this here thread actually like hip hop, maybe youse could tell me if this can be labelled as such?:
[sc]http://soundcloud.com/zorilla/kolik-ya-hodin-3[/sc]

Apologies for any hijack inferences mr creative.

torpid I'd say that's more of a funk or jazz track perhaps.

There's a big movement in hip hop at the moment to rail against the oldschool stuff. Hence all the hipsterism. Read an interesting article about it lately.

He gleefully tears down the remaining tenets of hip-hop conservatism, illuminating the growing generation gap in a genre that is approaching its fourth decade of existence. Many of Lil B's listeners are the children of the children who grew up on NWA's rebellion, so they invert it. This new generation wears obtrusively skinny pants as a logical counterpoint to their parent's oversized baggy jeans. On record, Lil B proudly calls himself "a princess" and "a f*****" as a flip side to the hyper-masculinity and lingering homophobia of the past generation.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/therecord/2011/01/27/133245953/lil-b-understanding-raps-new-rebel

I have always felt ill at ease with my inabilities to understand the genre umbrella that is "hip hop" so I have recently stopped trying and just started enjoying... which is a mouthy way of saying that that I have no idea

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My threads (I've had like 2 or something now) never go anywhere. No one wants to talk about hip-hop with me :(

Hippopp is not popular here. It's not very interesting to begin with, just people talking over a drum machine anyway isn't it?

Try starting a thread about something interesting like Gary Moore , Snooker, Basket Weaving Circles of inner city Dublin or Vegan Bake-sales and their effect on the Irish economy.

I'm not really into Tyler's stuff but I do like some of Earl Sweatshirts stuff.

This guy has some great songs. Pretty different to the others though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Earl Sweatshirt is brilliant, I agree. Tyler is getting most of the attention at the minute, but there are some other gems. I'm really enjoying Hodgy Beats at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back