OFWGKTA (2 Viewers)

I know. But in a weird way I find most of their lyrics so over the top with their offensiveness that I can't actually be offended by them.. if that makes sense

I'm actually looking forward to watching the audience of these guys at Primavera. Nothing more hilarous than rayban skinny jeaned hipsters ripping it up for an over hyped rap troupee.

hahahahahahahaha

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicblog/2011/may/09/hip-hop-homophobia

don't really care about the article, or at least I don't know enough about the area to have an opinion, but what a great summation. @jonah ; ?

I have very few opinions on the topic either to be honest, my like of Odd Future is pretty much brainless and inexplicable. I keep reading these articles and agreeding with most of them but for some reason continue to enjoy their work... well their work, not so much. In honesty most of them have bad flow and just generally aren't great emcees. No one takes them overly serious in the rap world it seems. But I really think Tyler is interesting. Was very very very excited for Goblins and very let down. 'Bastard' is a great album, I think, really, a great album, but 'Goblins' aside from a few standout tracks is boring and just playing into his own hype. Mellowhype is a better rapper imho and I'm starting to like his stuff better too, but Tyler... there's something about him.

Rape a pregnant bitch and tell my friends I had a threesome

I haven't heard the song this is taken from (or indeed any of this guy's music) but to me that ultimately reads as self-deprecation.

The Quietus article compares him to Jimmy Carr and Russell Brand, but maybe Jerry Sadowitz would be more apt?

Sandwitches is a brilliant song, possibly my favourite of the year so far. Most of the other stuff I've heard is patchy though.

Kool Keith did this kinda stuff better years and years ago though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Great thread. Looking forward to these lads at the vera. Only listened in anticipation of same. I LIKE IT.

This will be mental if Primavera is anything to go by!!!!!! Already dying to see how shit goes down with security at Poxygen next week. These dudes like to get very up front and personal with the crowd :)Even with a broken leg Tyler has still been doing stage dives and shit. Mad bastards. Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back