Official Statement from the Organisers of Mór '03 & '04 (2 Viewers)

Hi.

The old mor was not going ahead this year, so we at the castle decided to go ahead with the new mor, which will be called castlepalooza. I am in charge of getting the bands for it and i am sorry if my record collection happens to be different, I will try to get a wider selection of artists but we are not funded by anyone and are relying on the goodwill of those who volunteer. In the end all we are trying to do is put on a weekend that will involve music, people, camping, fun and hopefully a good time.

Dutchy said
but if old mor wasnt going ahead this year anyway i cant see any reason to pull out - small, independent festivals in this country should be supported

and I have to agree. I hope the maladies will still be playing and if any one would like to suggest some bands they would like to see let me know.

thanks

Castlegirl!
Yes I luv u!
Mor bands quick - its great anyway - been there already - luv d buzz - roesey will be great

castlegirl said:
the new mor, which will be called castlepalooza

Jesus, even the Simpsons were taking the piss with 'Homerpalooza'.

So, is this yoke called 'Mor' or 'Castlepalooza'? Make up your minds, like.

Or maybe we could have 'Continuity Mor', 'Real Mor', 'Provisional Mor', '32 County Mor', etc etc etc.

mor was a great festival, i loved it! i've no idea what went on or why everyones getting so upset and docking everyone who says something positive about this new festival. if you dont like it dont go, refuse to call it mor or whatever but why not let them get on with organising their festival, let it stand or fall on its own merit (we'll see before too long im sure) instead of turning it all into a bag of shite. :confused::heart:!baggyyyy!bing = :p

Roesy?!?!?!?!?

Mein gott in himmel. Quite a jump from Philip Jeck or Wevie Stonder or whoever to fucking Roesy.

That said, I do hope you're able to do something, just wish it wasn't stealing the name 'Mor'.

And I wish that Dud guy didn't think he was Naomi Klein or something. It's about the music like.

Whoa, these guys aren't kidding:
http://www.castlepalooza.blogspot.com/
http://morfestival.blogspot.com/

Dud said:
Well - the days are passing - all fforts have been on getting the Phoenis Art Summer School up and running - the big shots up in Dublin have presented conditions i.e. if we at the castle are willing to work under their direction they will promise to leave all the unpaid bills to us at the castle to pay - they also to promise to play the game of "brinksmanship" to the breaking limit (but that's only because they are cool and have groupies now (well done guys) ... meantime the real people are staring to gather ... seems this process is a good way to divert navel gazers elsewhere

Yeah.

http://morfestival.blogspot.com/2005/05/mor-2005-ireland.html

Hullo, Kevin Here, just sayin howdy,i Have an idea for a stage at MoR, a open mike stage, people get 20 mins to impress a crowd of onlookers at mor, we provide em with an amp and a mike and maybe a bongo and let them do thier thing, perfect for fans who aren't yet developed enough to get into the main line up, what ye think??

P5050159137190_1.jpg

castlegirl said:
Hi.

The old mor was not going ahead this year, so we at the castle decided to go ahead with the new mor, which will be called castlepalooza.

What a Fantastic Name. Are Pearl Jam gonna be there?

listen, if it's Mor but it's also Castlepalooza you need to make up your mind what it is - it's extremely confusing to potential ticket purchasers if you don't sort it out quickly. Branding works for a reason.

Witnness didn't turn into Witnness Oxygen, it just turned into Oxegen. Just a small hint as to how you may proceed with this new name thing.

castlegirl said:
Hi.

The old mor was not going ahead this year, so we at the castle decided to go ahead with the new mor, which will be called castlepalooza. I am in charge of getting the bands for it and i am sorry if my record collection happens to be different, I will try to get a wider selection of artists but we are not funded by anyone and are relying on the goodwill of those who volunteer. In the end all we are trying to do is put on a weekend that will involve music, people, camping, fun and hopefully a good time.

Dutchy said
but if old mor wasnt going ahead this year anyway i cant see any reason to pull out - small, independent festivals in this country should be supported

and I have to agree. I hope the maladies will still be playing and if any one would like to suggest some bands they would like to see let me know.

thanks

kevin gallen said:
Can someone sum up this thread please?

Having read through it all i am very confused :confused:

at the risk of libeling myself, the people who book the music for Mór have walked out. The people who own the castle are doing it again under then name(s) Mór and/or castlepalooza but, from early indications, are booking totally different acts from the last two. People are annoyed that they're doing it under the same name seeing as the music will be totally different, they're insisting that the whole thing was about the vibe not the music and thus no name change is necessary.

But I could be wrong.

kevin gallen said:
Having read through it all i am very confused :confused:

I'm on the confused side of the table... but here's my two cents...
what made mor for me was the eclectic mix of wonderfully independent music, alot of which came from many talented folks in this country but also kindred souls from parts foreign .... it was a very heartening experience and i shall miss that kind of vibe.... good luck to castlepalooza ... i'm not going

mmmm. Just noticed all this a moment ago. Playing the very first mor festival a couple of years back is my favourite musical memory ever. It wasn't the best set we ever played..but the place and the organisers and crowd more than made up for it. I had one of the most magical times and it really felt like there was a sea change in the way festivals could be in Ireland.The people involved in picking the music were nothing short of visionary in their approach and I for one am sadened that there seems to be some kind of schism that has led to current events.Hopefully things can get worked out with a sistuation where everyone is happy.THanks for the good times. :confused: :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back