#Occupydamestreet (1 Viewer)

i dunno, i asked them on twitter where they got all the posh signs from, they said 'Well we have made our own posters. Great if they look good IMO.'

291997_10150320252384249_656754248_7927340_2059855785_n.jpg

"We will be here as long as it takes".

As long as it takes to what? Get bored with this and head back to Rossport/Tara/The Glen of the Downs/The nearest psytrance rave?

Because state agencies are such models of efficiency?

oh no, sorry that wasn't the point at all. I'm more thinking along the lines of 'what country in their right mind would let 100 people into government from private industries overseas countries for five years, for the craic?'. it'd be a bit like getting someone from coca cola to come and run your family for a few months to iron out the kinks.

oh no, sorry that wasn't the point at all. I'm more thinking along the lines of 'what country in their right mind would let 100 people into government from private industries overseas countries for five years, for the craic?'. it'd be a bit like getting someone from coca cola to come and run your family for a few months to iron out the kinks.

isn't that the premise of that TV show 'wife swap'?

Planet money had a good show about this yesterday, which I'm sure you all know.

November 26th or so was the rough date the occupy wall street guys said a workable new world order could be envisaged?

Anyway, looks like good fun, except when they look bored.

@7 no tomorrow, what i'd worry about is that this is a sort of 'lobbyist placement scheme' - i mean they arnt coming here for free for the craic. like can you imagine a few heads from big pharma getting the run of a health related department for a few years, and mcdonaldses opening up in national schools. they'd set their businesses here in stone. you've a fair point too though, they might get the ball rolling in places where it gathers moss and it could be a good employment thing. i still think its a J1 for lobbyists though.

Serious question, do they not have jobs? Are they just wandering protest types or are they all unemployed?

Now they have wi-fi might "work from home" beside them tomorrow.

Yeah, do these 'career protesters/campaigners' draw the dole?

Aren't they self-indulgently adding to the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back