occisional vegan cafe type affair (1 Viewer)

mazzyianne

Website
Visit site
Hey spraoiers are, trying to get something like the certain death cafe (that used to be in the north strand warehouse) going again.
You can ignore the bike bit if u like seeing as it doesn't belong in the food section.
...Moderator!!

Anyays, e-mail seomraspraoi at gmail if yer interested in helping out.
The cooker thing is now more a matter of transport.

Help wanted to set up occasional vegan cafe and bike fixing

There was a seomra spraoi meeting last night, minutes available shortly on:

http://seomraspraoi.blogspot.com/

People's kitchen: There was a callout for people to get involved, and start a cheap vegan cafe maybe once a week. There is a wish list for stuff stuck up in Seomra Spraoi. One thing that is badly needed is a cooked or someone who knows how to convert a gas cooker to be able to connect to a gas cyclinder.

Bicycle work: People will be invited to bring old bikes to Seomra Spraoi next Thursday day time for fixing up during the day. Lots of ideas of what to do with the fixed up bikes when they are ready - including suggestions to use as fundraisers for Seomra Spraoi.

I love fixing bikes. Does vegan(ism) involve avoiding everything that comes from animals or just stuff that involves their deaths? Because I love cheese, you see.

I'm with you there. Feta's probably my number one, but I'll eat just about any curdled bovine/ovine/caprine (probably not the right word) lactate.

I also love cheese...
mmmmmmmmm
But the cafe I assume is to be vegan so anyone can eat there.
So thanks michelle for offerring to eat the food, but we're looking for chefs and choppers and clean-upers and stuff first :p

That was mainly me being lazy, cut and paste-ing instead of separating the two things.
But also, a while back in the warehouse on North Strand every sunday there used to be a bike workshop and then a great vegan cafe. the Book and zine libraries would be open too and sometimes music or a workshop of some kind. Its all there in the similar threads down the bottom of this page probably. Then the warehouse closed.

The cafe people want to get it going again.

And people are needed to help with both, and the zine library I think.

I'm really curious about this because I think it sounds like an amazing buzz- autonomous, independent, not for profit social space.

I have questions, this may not be the appropriate arena to answer em in but I'll ask regardless....

Is there any presence of the local community or is it mainly through internet/music/politics/being a pinko associations that people hear about it/use it?

Re. the food: If it's not for profit do you still have to comply with (what tends to be) overly stringent health regulations?

What times in the week would it be open?

Do you have a striclty 'no mayo' policy?

I'm really curious about this because I think it sounds like an amazing buzz- autonomous, independent, not for profit social space.

I have questions, this may not be the appropriate arena to answer em in but I'll ask regardless....

Is there any presence of the local community or is it mainly through internet/music/politics/being a pinko associations that people hear about it/use it?

Re. the food: If it's not for profit do you still have to comply with (what tends to be) overly stringent health regulations?

What times in the week would it be open?

Do you have a striclty 'no mayo' policy?

For the second time. I wrote a reply to this and when I clicked submit reply I was logged out and the reply was lost.
AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH
I'll get back to you in a week or so (when I'm back off me holidaaaaays:))

I'd love to get involved in this due to my love of food and bikes but alas I'll be heading away again next week. Hope it goes well for yas.

643322b.jpg

Sunflower oil (54%), water (33%), cider vinegar, sea salt, pea protein (1%), apple juice, mustard flour, stabilisers: guar and xanthan gums, lemon juice.

and

760467b.jpg

Sunflower oil, brazil nuts (23%), basil (20%), white wine vinegar, cashew nuts (4%), hazelnuts (4%), garlic puree, sea salt, apple juice concentrate, black pepper, sesame oil, chilli.

from going to the cafe in the warehouse...i'd say yeah,nearly everyone who went there came from those kind of circles,not that im saying people who were doing it didnt want local people coming down,i guess sometimes things just end up like that though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back