Number two's (1 Viewer)

Goodbye

wo hoo!!!

from the eclectic honey website:

TOP 5 SINGLES
James Yorkston's excellent 10" single which sadly didn't appear on Moving up Country steals first place, closely followed by Omelette's 7" single released during the summer.

1. James Yorkston - The Lang Toun (no review available - sorry!)
2. Omelette - Happiness
3. Estel - True Stories
4. The Frames - Headlong
5. Neosupervital - Use What You Got

me=chuffed

well done - it's better not to come first really, then you can be modest and say that it's not a competition and fair play to the winner, while secretly purring.

Originally posted by Alex
Ian when are you gigging next?

We were gonna be playing with the Settler next month in Da2, but Da2 got sick so no chance o' that...
You'll catch us on the THiNGS tour buh...

Originally posted by Ian
buh...

If we cannot determine the true nature of Buh, then how can we know that we have mastered its secrets? If we cannot see what it wants to show us, my friend, then how can we be sure we follow its path? And if we cannot hear its mighty voice, then how can we not doubt our ability to heed it's every words and instruction? This doubt, my brother in Buh, casts an ugly shadow across the realm and threatens, yea, even the very heavens. Therefore let us not put aside our discourse, but rather take up the word at a later time. For without consensus on the nature of Buh, the universe shudders and wavers on the brink of utter annihilation.

From some NZ dictionary:

buh

1: Affirmation- A response to a query or piece of information used to convey lack of understanding, interest and or committal.
E.g. "Hey, wanna come and help me shift heavy furniture?"
"Buh."
2: Greeting- Neutral term acknowledging the existence of others.
E.g. "Hello"
"Buh."
Orig.: The poor sod in Aliens who gets the crap beaten out of him by the Alien in the dark tunnels dropping the detonator and causing the great fireball to roar through the tunnels. As he sees the Alien he says "Buh", then dies.

my use of the word buh at the end of a sentence, is me being all dublin a trying to fit in like...

"jasus that spikes big buh" for example...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back