Now That's What I Call Music (2 Viewers)

nlgbbbblth

Frozen in time since 12:34am on January 1 1982
Website
www.nlgbbbblth.wordpress.com
specifically NOW 4. This was the first one to get a CD release and emerged on a single disc missing many of the tracks that were on the LP and cassette editions.

Here's one sold on ebay a while ago

and one currently for sale

Check out the starting bid.

Early NOW CDs go for serious money. Despite the fact that you could obtain all the individual tracks via CD or legal download for much, much less than that.

ive got the double vinyl ntwicm1.
must be worth summat?

I'd say you'd get £20 - £25 sterling if it's in mint condition.

They sold shitloads so the only real rarities are the low number CDs and the late period vinyl before they stopped releasing it on that format.

One of the NOW 4 CDs sold for £500. It's hard to imagine why someone would pay that price for it.

Now 4 was the first album I ever owned. I still have it on double-cassette. I got it for Christmas 1984, along with a copy of the Unforgettable Fire by U2 (which is on Epic rather than island - worth anything I wonder?).

The Nows went a bit pear shaped when stock-aitken and waterman started ruling the world. My guess is that was around Now 6.

I also have Hits 1 and 2 and Out Now 1. All pretty rubbish, but there is the odd gem on them.

The Nows went a bit pear shaped when stock-aitken and waterman started ruling the world. My guess is that was around Now 6.

I also have Hits 1 and 2 and Out Now 1. All pretty rubbish, but there is the odd gem on them.

SAW got involved in 1987, around the time of NOW 10.
I remember Out Now - it came out in 1985. Aren't Killing Joke on it? Can't remember who else.

Hits 1 was a direct rival to NOW 4 - two dice on the front.

Another classic was K-Tel's Hungry For Hits (April 1984). Wolf on the cover. Has The Smiths with Sandie Show doing Hand In Glove.

I remember loving White lines by grand master flash & melle mel. It's on one of the early now compilations i think

SAW got involved in 1987, around the time of NOW 10.
I remember Out Now - it came out in 1985. Aren't Killing Joke on it? Can't remember who else.

Hits 1 was a direct rival to NOW 4 - two dice on the front.

Another classic was K-Tel's Hungry For Hits (April 1984). Wolf on the cover. Has The Smiths with Sandie Show doing Hand In Glove.

Yeah, Killing Joke are on it. As are Go West, Sal Solo, The Colour Field, David Cassidy, Ami Stewart. Theres a Damned song on it too. Can't recall which one though - maybe Eloise. I think 19 from Paul Hardcastle was on it too.

Anyone remember the one with the Beastie Boys 'Shes on it'.
I think it was the 'Hits ?' album.

Was the one track that got me on the road to better tunes.

Yeah, Killing Joke are on it. As are Go West, Sal Solo, The Colour Field, David Cassidy, Ami Stewart. Theres a Damned song on it too. Can't recall which one though - maybe Eloise. I think 19 from Paul Hardcastle was on it too.

Damned
- Shadow of Love? Grimly Fiendish? Is It A Dream?
something from Phantasmagoria I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back