Now Playing (2 Viewers)

mac warzonescum said:
Run, do not wallk, to your nearest retailer and purchase USA Prison Songs: Volumes I & II at dawn tomorrow. Bama singing Stackerlee in a quarry with a fantastic echo? Oh yes.

well you won all my money, and you took my stetson hat

That the one? If so, its a classic!
Thought it was called Stagger Lee though..

today i managed to pick up a great new southern lord release Nortt/EAsthur split 12", so fuckin good. Also found the BUZZOVEN 7@ 'unwilling to explain' for 2bucks (on allied, damn i wish i had all allied recordings!) and and a pretty early TODAY IS THE DAY 7" on Amphetamine Reptile Records also for 2bucks, it's kinda crazy here in the states cause some shops really underprice their stuff, well not underprice but it makes me realise what bastards the record shops are in dublin, since vinyl became 'cool' again even great stores such as final vinyl charge stupid scum prices. I've been buyign way too many records here, alreayd sent two packages back to the motherland and left a trail of vinyl behind me in portland and vancouver, it's soo good cause stuff like big bill broonzy, leadbelly, bessie smith, all that stuff you'd payntop dollar in damn eire for is like 3bucks a pop here, it may break my back, or put my spine ina permanently fucked up state but fuckit its worth it.|..|

also i've ntocied smaller places such as brattleboro in vermont and where i am now milwaukee, wsiconsin are so much better for the decent priced vinyl than new york, didn't pick up shit there cause it was silly prices, im off on the two day 5 hour bus journey to san fran tomorrow anyone know of any kick ass stores i should be checkin out there?!

p.s. gotta mention it again cause im a prick but .|..| IRON LUNG.|..| this saturday, ye fuckin haw:eek:

CITY BABY said:
havnt heard any live stuff ,maybe not simply red,theres definatly a communards buzz goin on there though

Yeah something like that: their studio stuff (Neither Washington Nor Moscow) always sounds to me like a damn fine band whose Northern Soul/Punk roots have been hidden away with production more appropriate to someone like Modern Romance or Heaven 17. It isn't just their brass section that makes me feel this way - The Teardrop Explodes for example managed to avoid this on most of their LPs.

I can't remember where I did hear some Redskins live stuff: I was thinking it was off some comp with Attila, but that was The Newton Neurotics. Definitely heard some somewhere and it didn't have the same castrated sound as the studio stuff.

mac warzonescum said:
Two hurdy-gurdys and a set of bagpipes? They rock my saggy folk-inclined ass.

aye, thats the ones. great stuff.

A compilation of Early Gurus OF Electronic Music

oh, the OHM one. thats a great collection. there are excerpts from robert asley's "automatic writing" and holgar czukay's superb "boat woman song". a shame though that the original pieces are too long to be included in their entirity. also some good stuff from la monte young and lucier on that.

Jazz chaps from the sixties that did a feedback track called After rapidly circling the Plaza? Wish I could find my shitty old tapes of them.

thats the one. if you want, you can PM me your postal address and i will post you a CDR of that album.

now coalesce.
earlier(today): swing kids- discography, blacksun- fleshmarket, circus of the fallen.

spuded said:
today i managed to pick up a great new southern lord release Nortt/EAsthur split 12", .|..|
s'a good split........started noticing recently how xasthur can be a little bit!cheezy at times,good all the same though

Fugazi-End Hits

Why did I once hate this album? The first six songs are the best songs Fugazi ever wrote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back