Now Playing (1 Viewer)

oh shit said:

i havent managed to get through her album from start to finish witout me wanting to strangle her. bubblegum is europop heaven though. i'd still rather listen to the knife though.

for me today is as yesterday...

nervous gender-live at target
throbbing gristle-first annual report
whitehouse-erector

never really listened to throbbing gristle too much. i have become addicted in the last two weeks. loving them now. they have also led me onto whitehouse. whitehouse = !ninjaaaa

yeah the monkhouse discog was good, that double seven inch i think was my favourite stuff but fuckit i wishi knew who robbed my monkhouse/striknien split, fuckers. probably the sam peopel who robbed my black flag shit and other irish demos and bits and bobs ya can't get anymore, gurr to whoever that was:mad:

on a throbbing gristle related note, im pestering genesis p-orridge for a damn interview with my new zine for fuckin weeks, damn reply:mad:

oh yeah and cory one band you should defo check out if you havent yet is one reason, i saw em at the pan it x fest, just really good melodic punk

and finally i get to see .|..| iron lung .|..| on saturday yehaw!

Good luck on the Genisis interview Ed! Is this a music zine your doing then?

Listening to more Funeral Diner now!

no well kinda, yeah music zine called thedevilon45 its moreso about censorship and music folklore, got a fair bit of stuff done already, liek an article on the bluesman robert johnson and his supposed links with the devil, interview with cynthia plaster catser, and an interview with tain an men 89 records (they put out some deadly compilations of kazachstan and ubzkei punk and generally places where its really not safe or even banned to play music) there are a couple of more articles done including one on the song 'copkiller' and other songs about killing cops throughout history

on that note anyone ever listen to an english band from the 70's called THIRLD WORLD WAR? they wer a kinda garage rock band but with a song called 'hammersmith guerilla' the lyrics being 'I've got just the thing for you, a real cop beater, s sawn off twelve gauge, five shot repeater' soo good!!

anyway yeah loadsa stuff like that, hopefully i'll get it together when i gets back to ireland n all,also i still need some illustartors if anyone is up for it?

spuded said:
on that note anyone ever listen to an english band from the 70's called THIRLD WORLD WAR? they wer a kinda garage rock band but with a song called 'hammersmith guerilla' the lyrics being 'I've got just the thing for you, a real cop beater, s sawn off twelve gauge, five shot repeater' soo good!!

There was a band from london called Hammersmith Gorillas,later changed to just Gorrillas(I have two 7"'s by this version of the band) and before all that were called something else.Could that be them? the records I have are kinda pub rock. one of them is Gatecrasher/Gorilla Got Me and the other is She's My Gal/Why Wait Til Tomorrow. Both are on Chiswick .If not sorry for the useless info.

x-ray spex
billie holiday
ella fitzgerald
robert ashley: "automatic writing" and "purposeful lady slow afternoon"
coil: "how to destroy angels" CD
tony wakeford and matt howden: "3 9"
throbbing gristle: "heathen earth"
amm: "ammusic"
the hafler trio: "how to slice a loaf of bread 1-3" and "how to slice a loaf of bread lengthwise 1-3"
spasm: "firepool / jellymoon"
maurizio bianchi: "nhhn", "menses" and "...plays the clockwork orange"
whitehouse: "halogen" and "quality time"
nico: "the marble index"
the duellists: "english hurdy gurdy music"
vagina dentata organ: "cold meat"
screamin' jay hawkins
monks: "black monk time"
v/vm: "the green door"

me:

neubauten-early recordings
charles bronson discog
mangoon-sick day
the cop fables
16 bitch pile up
wolf eyes cdr and 7inch thingy
polly shang kuan band
devoid of faith

marcia griffiths
the supremes
the ronnettes
percy sledge
a rake of northern soul comps
the redskins
damn them soul tunes sure makes for sweet listening mama

does anyone else think that the redskins sound a bit too like simply red???? maybe if mick hucknal was a skin???

other than that
the 4-skins

Brian Conniffe said:
the duellists: "english hurdy gurdy music"

Two hurdy-gurdys and a set of bagpipes? They rock my saggy folk-inclined ass.

Another band in a similar hurdy-gurdy vein to check out are Wendigo, but unfortunately they don't really have the panache to carry it off like The Duellists.

Currently listening to:
The Clash - Sandinista, sides 1-6 in order.
A load of Fripp & Eno stuff.
A compilation of Early Gurus OF Electronic Music
Assorted Alan Lomax field recordings.
The third Nation Of Ulysses LP, which for someone reason no-one mentioned to me when it first came out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back