Not going to the Electric Picnic? Post here! 2011 Edition (2 Viewers)

I'm trying to read proust too. I was enjoying it for the first 100 or so pages but I havent looked at it in a few weeks now, too distracted.

Vol. 1 picked up after Combray I found, I'm now at a standstill about 200 pages into Vol. 2. I really enjoy it *when* I can summon up the concentration. Thank goodness for the synopsis at the back though. A completely insane novel.

Vol. 1 picked up after Combray I found, I'm now at a standstill about 200 pages into Vol. 2. I really enjoy it *when* I can summon up the concentration. Thank goodness for the synopsis at the back though. A completely insane novel.

I'll try to get back into it next week. I was enjoying it apart from the description of the church in Combray. Which edition are you reading? Rememberance of Things Past or In Search Of Lost Time? The latter for me

Playing with Doom tomorrow, putting on Wormrot on sun. Plus they mentioned it on q102 last night, if ever there was a kiss of death...

Which edition are you reading? Rememberance of Things Past or In Search Of Lost Time? The latter for me

Yeah same here:

9780099362210.jpg

and so on...

I have the complete set of that lot... or so I thought. I only noticed the other day that the paper quality of my Vols. 4 & 6 is different to the others. Also Vols. 4 & 6 don't have an introductory mini-essay by Malcolm Bowie on the inside of the cover page. Different print run or something. Annoying. I'll get over it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back