Non-Family Christmas (3 Viewers)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 66
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 4
Now I would like to go back to talking about what to do on Christmas when ye don't got no fambily.

Sorry if this sounds impossibly right-on but have you thought about volunteering somewhere for the day? There's the big Christmas dinner for the homeless in Mansion House and it's a busy day for hostels and shelters across the city. Volunteers are always welcome.

This year my non-family Christmas will more than likely be spent putting the finishing touches to two literature assignments. Christmas at my parents is extremely low-key anyway... ususally just involves watching movies and then going for a nice long walk on the deserted roads (if it's not raining).

New Year's Eve is where it's at for us .|..| We all get together as a family for that every year. Going out on New Year's is a nightmare.

With regard to Christmas maybe we should all take a leaf from Santa's (and Pete's) book

Santaonbeach.png

I don't know why I've recently
(a) painted the living room
(b) started making nice curtains
(c) spent days shopping for a disguise for our ugly couch
(d) bought decorations, or
(e) bought mince pies for Vinnie to eat.

Maybe you're 'nesting' for a september baby?

Sorry if this sounds impossibly right-on but have you thought about volunteering somewhere for the day? There's the big Christmas dinner for the homeless in Mansion House and it's a busy day for hostels and shelters across the city. Volunteers are always welcome.

That doesn't sound impossibly right-on at all, and even if it does, it's near the top of my list of options. I did it for Thanksgiving once when I was a teenager, and it was pretty cool. I remember making friends with one of the girls in the shelter, who was there with her mom, and what sucked is that at the end of the day, we couldn't exchange details or anything because, well, she didn't have any. But it was a cool day.

Might check that out, indeed.

Back on St. Stephen's Night (not that anyone here gives a shit!).

Its called Boxing Day where you're from now.

Brits out.

Here, who reckons Jane and JANER should bury the hatchet and spend Christmas together? That'd be gas so it would, there'd be loads of anecdotes on Stephen's morning (Boxing Day for Billy and the Brits) to help fill the pages of thumped.

Who reckons they'll post on thumped on Christmas day?

This year my non-family Christmas will more than likely be spent putting the finishing touches to two literature assignments.

Fuck this, between you and Jane I'm starting to look forward to feeding the five thousand (aka my family) in my place.

I'd invite the two of youse over for a feed but space at the table is at a premium already, I'll be eating at the countertop.

Fuck this, between you and Jane I'm starting to look forward to feeding the five thousand (aka my family) in my place.

I'd invite the two of youse over for a feed but space at the table is at a premium already, I'll be eating at the countertop.

Ah dude! It's the thought that counts. Thanks a million for having it!

Here, who reckons Jane and JANER should bury the hatchet and spend Christmas together? That'd be gas so it would, there'd be loads of anecdotes on Stephen's morning (Boxing Day for Billy and the Brits) to help fill the pages of thumped.

The anecdotes would be good, but we'd lose at least one of our top posters to a 'festive accident'.
And we can't be sure it'd be the right one. !ninjaaaa

Thanks a million Ro. I read your letter to Santa by the way. I had no idea you gave everything you own to your worst enemy when he fell on hard times. I really hope you get that Scalextric & My Little Pony combo you're after.

By the way Vinnie I really enjoyed your performance in the Moving Crib. Very moving.

Thanks a million Ro. I read your letter to Santa by the way. I had no idea you gave everything you own to your worst enemy when he fell on hard times. I really hope you get that Scalextric & My Little Pony combo you're after.

Thanks Vinnie. It would make a huge difference as my last My Little Pony died of an eating disorder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back