Non-Family Christmas (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter jane
  • Start date
  • Replies 66
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 4
I've never known a Christmas dinner away from my parents' house.
there's a lot to be said for it.
familiarity breeds contentment
there's also a lot to be said for getting as far away as possible.
[strike]these cows are small, the others are far away[/strike]
[strike]eaten bread is soon forgotten[/strike]
hills are always greener far away
But families are insane.
...and to all a good night.

i bleedin hate new years eve..so i like to stay in with mr. cpr and watch jools holland and ignore whats going on outside. this year will be even more deadly since i've got my little dog too! yay! i just find going out on new years eve a pain in the hole, no taxis, pubs that you gotta pay in to..a load of bollocks really. but i do love christmas so i'm not all bah humbug.

i bleedin hate new years eve..so i like to stay in with mr. cpr and watch jools holland and ignore whats going on outside. this year will be even more deadly since i've got my little dog too! yay! i just find going out on new years eve a pain in the hole, no taxis, pubs that you gotta pay in to..a load of bollocks really. but i do love christmas so i'm not all bah humbug.
going out on nye = hell

I also hate NYE, but there is talk this year of a trip up to Sligo, and a rousing session of SINGSTAR with a few other people, and as much as I like to think there are tiimes when I demonstrate reserve, those times are not when there's a microphone around. It's probably a mistake to give me a microphone, ever, but New Year's Eve is when some of life's greatest mistakes are made, which is exactly why there are so many early September babies around (including me).

In fact, champagne and Singstar sounds like the perfect Christmas to me, but unfortunately, I have to wait a week for it.

Now I would like to go back to talking about what to do on Christmas when ye don't got no fambily.

I now have my own family, and thusly now do family things. Open house christmas eve, eggnog and mulled wine, Went down a storm last year. Any of yous fuckers near enough are more than welcome to knock in. And then same vibe from the 26th till new years eve, then i'm stumped. I need a house party thats not on the other side of the city.

I now have my own family, and thusly now do family things. Open house christmas eve, eggnog and mulled wine, Went down a storm last year. Any of yous fuckers near enough are more than welcome to knock in. And then same vibe from the 26th till new years eve, then i'm stumped. I need a house party thats not on the other side of the city.

Yeah, this is the thing. Someday I will have my own family and do my own family thing. But for now, I am my own family. I'm hoping to do an open house of some kind, and yeah, all yous fuckers are welcome, too.

Perhaps we should have a Thumped Christmas Open House thread, where Thumped folk who wish to extend open invites to other Thumped folk can post these invites (and obviously, details can be exchanged via PM). That could be fun.

CarlaDogSanta.jpg

We're in Prague this Christmas. Back on St. Stephen's Night (not that anyone here gives a shit!).

i like not seeing my family on christmas day, not that i don't get on with them or anything but i just like doing my own thing. we have had some of the best parties on chrimbo night. Last year our neighbours were away so we went a bit mad. and i had to phone in sick the next day for my family dinner which i felt a bit bad about.

We haven't decided where we're "doing Christmas" or any of that yet, but we're going to have a party in our house at some point and that's definite, otherwise I don't know why I've recently
(a) painted the living room
(b) started making nice curtains
(c) spent days shopping for a disguise for our ugly couch
(d) bought decorations, or
(e) bought mince pies for Vinnie to eat.

We haven't decided where we're "doing Christmas" or any of that yet, but we're going to have a party in our house at some point and that's definite, otherwise I don't know why I've recently
(a) painted the living room
(b) started making nice curtains
(c) spent days shopping for a disguise for our ugly couch
(d) bought decorations, or
(e) bought mince pies for Vinnie to eat.
bollocks, vinnie doesn't eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back