Nomeansno - all ages cork gig - July 11th (2 Viewers)

was de story with the dublin gig in whelans? is it going to cost a million quid or what?

without starting shit...i heard from an amc member that if bandicoot do a cork gig then a limerick gig is out of the question (and not just for no means no either). i thought that sounded like utter shit and argued the fact only for this person to insist this is the case. he did highlight that it was only through a certain booking agency whose name escapes me right now.

ps i have no problems with emmett.

trev said:
without starting shit...i heard from an amc member that if bandicoot do a cork gig then a limerick gig is out of the question (and not just for no means no either). i thought that sounded like utter shit and argued the fact only for this person to insist this is the case. he did highlight that it was only through a certain booking agency whose name escapes me right now.

That sounds shitty, tis only a few bodies that would travel in either direction for a gig in Limerick or Cork (Fugazi excepted that time) you'd think that for those types of bands that they would pull a crowd in both towns :confused:

i always felt that cork is more clued into music than limerick. the crowd at tragedy that monday night in cork proved me right. my guesses are had that been limerick they would have maybe been 15 ppl at it.

cork has unsane, mission of burma and no means no gigs upcoming. and i'll be at them all.

response:
that aint the case. Ive been bookin the no means no tour. The band aint gonna be in ireland long enough to do all the shows they'd have liked to. Both myself and no means no wanted to do a show in limerick with AMC. AMC guys worked hard to get a venue for the date required but due to short notice they were given by me, they couldn't find a venue.
If no means no come back to Ireland Im gonna try to make sure that a limerick show with AMC happens.
tour looks like it will be
belfast thurs july 8
kilkenny fri july 9
dublin sat july 10
cork sun july 11

its a shame there aint a limerick show this time, but theres no conspiracy

is it true that this is the last no means no tour? heard that somewhere but can't remember where now. i'm gonna miss the damn thing an all.

trev said:

that 'rumour' is utter bollix, french toast played cork and limerick recently, emmet has done giveamanakick several times so i doubt he'd be doing amc bands if there was some conflict of interest, mika bomb played both cork and limerick, as did yumi yumi (I think) and more i can't think of right now after 7 hours in the car in this heat!!! I doubt very much Emmet has any say with the agents where they decide to put bands.

limerick and cork should meet up somewhere in kerry and have a massive scrap!

nomeansno in kilkenny will be unreal, *everyone* in kilkenny is a NMN mentalist.

how much for the wheelans gig?

damien said:
limerick and cork should meet up somewhere in kerry and have a massive scrap!

nomeansno in kilkenny will be unreal, *everyone* in kilkenny is a NMN mentalist.
yes, all ten of them.Maybe the 4 NMN heads in Waterford might be there and all.

Nomeansno in Kilkenny?Nice.
But not as nice as Motorhead and Sepultura in Tramore in November.:D

the NOMEANSNO show is now 100% confirmed as an all ages gig in Half Moon on the 11th July, doors 3pm.

looks like support band will be FIGHTING WITH WIRE (derry)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back