No sleep (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
I had a gig down in Galway Monday night.

Inconsiderate bollix that he is, Brian made me drink. I was already tired and sleep-deprived, but he made me drink.

So last night I thought I might catch up. Not so.

Younger one (10 months) was awake till 3 AM. Her mother lost the will to live around 1 AM, at which point I had to take over. Two hours of bouncing. Oh and the older one (nearly 3) woke up a few times as well, requesting teddies, claiming that she had banged her head, etc. And just when I'd get one to sleep, the other one would wake up and wake the first one up. gaaaaaah

Got to sleep around 3. Then they were awake again at around 7. And both as cranky as hell. Remarkably, I managed to stay cheery.

gaaaaaaaah

Now I have to do a full day's work and go straight to a gig that we're playing tonight

gaaaaaaaaaah

So I won't be home till all hours again, and they'll probably be up all night again.

And of course, previous to this, I hadn't had a proper sleep in two weeks. But that's par for the course

Anyone know an undertaker's?

Ah jaysus, feel for you dude. Sleep deprivation can make you do crazy things. I reckon valium is your only answer...mother's little helpers (!)

Ah jaysus, feel for you dude. Sleep deprivation can make you do crazy things. I reckon valium is your only answer...mother's little helpers (!)

Or Father's Little Helper:

Jameson12.jpg

I had a gig down in Galway Monday night.

Inconsiderate bollix that he is, Brian made me drink. I was already tired and sleep-deprived, but he made me drink.

So last night I thought I might catch up. Not so.

Younger one (10 months) was awake till 3 AM. Her mother lost the will to live around 1 AM, at which point I had to take over. Two hours of bouncing. Oh and the older one (nearly 3) woke up a few times as well, requesting teddies, claiming that she had banged her head, etc. And just when I'd get one to sleep, the other one would wake up and wake the first one up. gaaaaaah

Got to sleep around 3. Then they were awake again at around 7. And both as cranky as hell. Remarkably, I managed to stay cheery.

gaaaaaaaah

Now I have to do a full day's work and go straight to a gig that we're playing tonight

gaaaaaaaaaah

So I won't be home till all hours again, and they'll probably be up all night again.

And of course, previous to this, I hadn't had a proper sleep in two weeks. But that's par for the course

Anyone know an undertaker's?

You know me, Mike, I rarely if ever have any sympathy for you but this seems hellish.

haha oh man ive been there - and its rough esp with work and gigs on the agenda too!
Over one xmas a few years back my little dude (who used to suffer from rather bad asthma... now a lot better thankfully) took ill on xmas eve. Went into A&E at 2pm and had to spend the night in hospital for precautionary measures. anyway - i was obviously already totally wrecked getting ready for santa and all the likes - and on top of that he was given steroids for his lungs which sent him hyper as Fuck - up running around an empty hospital ward from 8pm until 11am the next morning with not a wink of sleep from the night right into xmas day.... luckily he was allowed home that afternoon so off we went to my parents and i pretty much spent xmas day as a toy playing zombie. Painful

Dude, you gotta sort this out or you're going to do yourself an injury. When Isabelle was waking in the night I could really feel my mental health ebbing away and my emotional stability was totally shot by the end. You've been going through this longer now than I was. The only thing that worked for us was refusing the boob during the night . Is Anna still in your room?

Dude, you gotta sort this out or you're going to do yourself an injury. When Isabelle was waking in the night I could really feel my mental health ebbing away and my emotional stability was totally shot by the end. You've been going through this longer now than I was. The only thing that worked for us was refusing the boob during the night . Is Anna still in your room?

Oh yes.

It isn't usually like this - she's out of sorts the last couple of days.

But yeah. Ban the boob! (BTB)

Maybe speed is my only option

don't give him any sympthy lads, he had one baby, he'd gone through the rough stuff, the late nights, the long days, he was getting through it, there was a light at the end of the tunnel, it was going to be okay... but nnnooooooo Mike had to go have himself another one... maddness...

I was told to be fruitful and multiply. I bought some grapes and did my ten-times tables, but it wasn't the same.

You know, I seem to elicit this response from a lot of people.

A friend of mine, who takes great delight in referring to fatherhood as "a spectator sport" (needless to say she's childless), recently texted me: "Hey bastard, are you on for meeting up so in July"

I texted back, confirming, telling her of my plight and demanding a bit of respect.

Her response? "Okay wanker, see you then."

Nice.

i hear you. Up working til 3am last night. Everybody in the house asleep fine. I decide to go to bed and within 2 mins everyone's up.

do they wait for you or what?

Ooh, hard times. Nothing worse than sleep deprivation mixed with a hangover.

Try to keep the patience levels up.

All you need now is for someone to tell you to give up music and take more responsibility for your family. That always makes me feel 100 times better.:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back