No child is safe from the sinister cult of emo (2 Viewers)

funnyninja.jpg

FROM THE SHADOWS I SHALL EMERGE!!

Great lp artwork and title right there.

Only after her death would they discover how she had secretly chatted online to emo followers all over the world, talking about death and of the "black parade" — a place where emos believe they go after they die.

According to their description (does tight jeans count if they are just tight because I'm too fat for them now?), I'm emo. I hope I get to go to the Black Parade.

Rather a kid in their EMO gear (whatever that is) then the lazy fucks with no imagination in their fuckin' tracksuits.

Rather a kid in their EMO gear (whatever that is) then the lazy fucks with no imagination in their fuckin' tracksuits.

i like wearing tracksuits, i admit most of them are covered in bombers but fuck they are grreat really comortable lightweight adjustable straps stylish when your on the pish and usually two layers. whreas you my friens are like a french polisher. nough said...... got any blow????:mad:

what the fuck am i on about lighten about if your the idonal i know well im going to visit you his afternoon i thought i was going to marlay but im a bit too fucked for that so im off to see you in botu an hour weather depending going to get a few cans on the way for myself mind... anyway aint seen you in awhile might bring my bike in case its boring and i can get out of there sharpish
an hour it is

what the fuck am i on about lighten about if your the idonal i know well im going to visit you his afternoon i thought i was going to marlay but im a bit too fucked for that so im off to see you in botu an hour weather depending going to get a few cans on the way for myself mind... anyway aint seen you in awhile might bring my bike in case its boring and i can get out of there sharpish
an hour it is

Wow.

Aye, that fat fly kick pic is awesome. I must admit Mark has come up with a good one, even tho i think that chap has too much time on his hands. He should spend it working and paying me back.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2008/may/31/dailymail.musicnews

Emo runs high as fans defend band against Daily Mail

emo460.jpg
Fans of My Chemical Romance came from all over the country but the atmosphere was more carnival fairground than protest. Photograph: Anna Gordon

Link to this audio

There are few things that would drag a typical teenager out of bed early on a Saturday morning, but defending the honour of a beloved band from tabloid attacks is probably one of them.
Around 100 My Chemical Romance fans had already gathered at Marble Arch, in central London, by 10.30 this morning - not bad given that organisers had given the protest a 12-hour window, of 10am to 10pm, and that there was a last minute change of venue.
The fans were objecting to Daily Mail reports describing My Chemical Romance as a "suicide cult band" and linking the recent suicide of a Peckham schoolgirl, Hannah Bond, 13, to the fact that she had started following the band two weeks before her death.
The Daily Mail has called the New Jersey-based band one of the foremost of the "suicide cult" groups forming part of the "emo" phenomenon. The paper described "emo" as a teenage trend that started in the US in the 1980s and was "characterised by depression, self-injury and suicide". Its followers, the tabloid said, wore tight jeans, studded belts and wristbands and had dyed-black hair and long fringes obscuring their faces.
The atmosphere at the protest was more carnival fairground than riot, with fans clutching balloons and soft toys and singing My Chemical Romance songs loudly and passionately - but not always tunefully. Lyrics included "teenagers scare the living shit out of me" and "I'm not afraid to keep on living".
The overwhelming majority of the crowd were young girls, bouncing with energy and shrieking with laughter as they rushed over to hug their friends or chanted: "Don't blame MCR!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back