No child is safe from the sinister cult of emo (1 Viewer)

therealjohnny

Supporter
Solutions
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=566481&in_page_id=1879

Hannah was a happy 13-year-old until she became an 'emo' - part of a sinister teenage craze that romanticises death. Three months later she hanged herself. Here, her devastated mother tells other parents: No child is safe

Some describe it as a cult or a sect, but in reality the term — derived from the word "emotional" — encapsulates a trend that is becoming hugely popular among Britain's schoolchildren.

A trans-Atlantic import, its followers dress in black, favouring tight jeans, T-shirts, studded belts and sneakers or skater shoes.
Hair is all-important: often dyed black and straightened, it is worn in a long fringe brushed to one side of the face.

Emos like guitar-based rock with emotional lyrics.
American bands such as My Chemical Romance, Good Charlotte and Blink 182 are particular favourites.
No doubt many adults would ask: "So what?"
On the surface, it all sounds typically teenage — angst-ridden, over-dramatic and tribal.

No different, in fact, to the Goth subculture that first emerged in Britain during the early 1980s.

Only after her death would they discover how she had secretly chatted online to emo followers all over the world, talking about death and of the "black parade" — a place where emos believe they go after they die.

No child is safe from the sinister cunt of emo

Nah, goffs either became emos or just stopped being goffs. At least, this is what happens round here with the result of a bastardized mix of goffs and emos...scary shit.

Remember that article in the Irish Times about a year ago about Irish youngsters, there were interviews with these teenagers who saw themselves as being part of different scenes, there were a load of preteens I was working with at the time mortified at their parents asking them if they were 'an emo'. My mam was intolerable for a few days pointing out kids and asking, 'Is that one? Is that an emo?'

Actually I saw some girl the other day maybe 13-14 years old had a t-shirt on that read "yes I'm emo so fuck off" if that aint emo pride I dont know what is.

What always cracks me up is how a lot of them see themselves as deeply emotive intellectuals and yet the only books they've ever read is Harry Potter....

EMOS = FREE HUGS AND HYPERNESS ALL ROUND

Well dont think my daughter will turn emo on me she seems keener to hit than hug and has herself a cool little UK Subs t-shirt that Yuko and Charlie gave her.

I don't see the problem with the whole thing to be quite honest. I've nothing against any of them, unless they try do that stupid hugging thing to me..

Tis indeed. I was laughing at most of it, those kids are just idiots.

And Mark, quit being a ninja coming out from nowhere.

funnyninja.jpg

FROM THE SHADOWS I SHALL EMERGE!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back