Nina Simone (1 Viewer)

Billie and Nina...
Good that you lot are talkin about REAL music for a change...
Nina made the Bee Gee's cool... Billie... well, don't get me started with Billie... Amazing woman... That Carnagie hall concert album with that guy reading from Lady Sings The Blues between songs, and the Lady in Satin albums are going in the coffin with me...

there's an lp in road (behind the counter) called "nina simone sings billie holiday" and i'm getting it before hag does.

when i was little i thought nina and billie were men. nina because of the voice and billie because her name is billie. i thought my dad was playing tricks when he tried to correct me. what a trickster that fella, but not about those ladies.

Been listening to Nina Simone non-stop for the last couple of hours. It's made me forget the cold and the rain, and the fact that I've been stuck in all day waiting for delivery guys. The memories!

Been listening to Nina Simone non-stop for the last couple of hours. It's made me forget the cold and the rain, and the fact that I've been stuck in all day waiting for delivery guys. The memories!

She can do that!

But her version of this Bob song is totally rain soaked...
but lovely and amazing all the same...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpuszYEjWkM&feature=related"]Tom Thumbs Blues[/ame]

I'm digging her covers lately, Times They Are A-Chaning, Suzanne and Here Comes the Sun.... total genius.

to love somebody is awesome too...and i think it's gonna rain today.

i think i might go listen to i loves you porgy right now though.

sigh.

watched this earlier. thought it was excellent.pretty much warts and all documentary.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

good plan. first thing i've watched on it for months since house of cards 3. gonna do the same

Only thing I was really watching on it was The Shield and they pulled that without warning seemingly over the last few days. Also increasingly find your connection needs to be good or else it gets pretty jumpy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back